What GVW Arb Truck

fen01

I don't know what I am missing here, when I did it, it wasn't expensive or difficult.

Application for a licence £254

Issue of a licence £397

Continuation of a licence after 5 years £397

Issue of an interim licence £68

Major change to a licence £254

https://www.gov.uk/being-a-goods-vehicle-operator/fees-for-goods-vehicle-licences

Other than that you have some minor costs for the advert and a little admin.

So the first 5 years is about £130.00 a year for the first 5 and £80.00 per year after that.

Though you would poke your head up and sort it out :thumbup:

Those costs are about what I had in mind, not bad really. Still the post 97 licence boys are screwed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Though you would poke your head up and sort it out :thumbup:

Those costs are about what I had in mind, not bad really. Still the post 97 licence boys are screwed.

Well a bit inconvenienced possibly but not screwed. They are in new licence territory, but if they are going for anything bigger than 7500kg, or wanted to tow a decent sized chipper with it, they would be in new licence territory anyway.

Offset that temporary inconvenience against the advantages of bigger vehicles and it fades into insignificance. The inconvenience is temporary and the advantage lasts a lifetime.

Well a bit inconvenienced possibly but not screwed. They are in new licence territory, but if they are going for anything bigger than 7500kg, or wanted to tow a decent sized chipper with it, they would be in new licence territory anyway.

Offset that temporary inconvenience against the advantages of bigger vehicles and it fades into insignificance. The inconvenience is temporary and the advantage lasts a lifetime.

Yeah I know what your saying and your right , just makes life harder as the youngsters dont w a nt to/cant afford to do the test and I aint paying for them to do it. Also insuring them is a bloody pain if there under 25.

Getting an O licence will cost you about £700 in fees and ads etc.

I wouldn't pay for anyone else to do their HGV tests, but having the lorry means I only need one vehicle and one driver, so that saves me money in running costs and insurance.

Getting an O licence will cost you about £700 in fees and ads etc.

I wouldn't pay for anyone else to do their HGV tests, but having the lorry means I only need one vehicle and one driver, so that saves me money in running costs and insurance.

But ties it down to only you able to drive it so if your ill, have enough work can't get younger guys to drive it.

Yeah, it wouldn't suit everyone but it works for me. I only run one team, and I'm always on site, I think everything runs much better that way. I only have one lad working with me most days, but we get through the work efficiently.

I'm only doing tree work because I enjoy climbing and cutting, seems a bit pointless to send a crew out doing what I enjoy while I sit in the office wishing I was outside.

Yeah, it wouldn't suit everyone but it works for me. I only run one team, and I'm always on site, I think everything runs much better that way. I only have one lad working with me most days, but we get through the work efficiently.

I'm only doing tree work because I enjoy climbing and cutting, seems a bit pointless to send a crew out doing what I enjoy while I sit in the office wishing I was outside.

Yeah I guess so and im the same, I like being out there. What pay load does a 6.2t have peter?

The Iveco 6.5 tonne chassis cabs have about 4 tonne payload, so subtract the weight of your body etc and I'm guessing you'll end up with about 2.5?

Right so 1.5t more than a 3.5t van. What about a 7.5t?

Depends what you go for, the bigger 7.5 tonne tippers aren't the best IMO, 3 tonne ish payload but a big body, so easy to overload. A 10 tonner is a better machine, same size but nearer 5 tonne payload.