What GVW Arb Truck

fen01

Bob, I agree in principal, although your rig would struggle around here (most lanes are too narrow and twisty for an article rig just ask the satnav followers), but at least it wouldn't need to emptied everyday. I think turning circle is probably quite important. As with all these things it's a compromise, for me I reckon a 17 tonner ticks most of the boxes.

Cheers Mark

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Arbtalk mobile app

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its all a load of codswallop this business about lorry width, there are not many places we cant stuff our trailers in. all of the bigger trucks measure 8` wide vs a 7.5 ton which can be the same or smaller at 7`6". That is not enough to make the slightest difference. I had to get our truck down the single track road below and into the gateway in the righthand side of the picture. Yes it took about five minutes but so what.Go for the biggest you can get, you wont regret it.

Bob

imagejpg1_zpsebd583aa.jpg

imagejpg3_zpsce4480d2.jpg

imagejpg2_zps010447f6.jpg

That's some SERIOUS kit! Mega impressed!!

Ha,Ha ok for big jobs but that lot turning up at Mrs Miggins would probs finish her off lol. Great kit if you can make it earn its keep. The only perfect Arb truck is what suits your needs and business model.

Hodge

Its all a load of codswallop this business about lorry width, there are not many places we cant stuff our trailers in. all of the bigger trucks measure 8` wide vs a 7.5 ton which can be the same or smaller at 7`6". That is not enough to make the slightest difference. I had to get our truck down the single track road below and into the gateway in the righthand side of the picture. Yes it took about five minutes but so what.Go for the biggest you can get, you wont regret it.

Bob

I don't disagree about getting the kit in but often punters get precious about the block paving or god forbid the horrid patterned concrete and just don't want "that big truck" on the drive

I've just agreed to buy a Bedford TM 4-4 with a large atlas crane on it. Now time to get my o licence app off. Any advice on key things to say on the Int1 form? I just want the truck here, painted sign written and working for me😀

Hope I've done the right thing!

Nice one. My advice would be pay someone to do it, the guy I used only charges £250 to do the lot, it's a very long form and they like everything to be just so. I've applied for a 3 vehicle license as they last 5 years and making a change mid term incurs similar costs to applying for a new license so think ahead in terms of how many you may need. Also I've had a bit of hassel with my financial documents as the account is in my trading name rather than my own name, and have had to send extra documentation to prove it is my account. Now where's the pictures of your lorry? The 3 month processing period will give you ample time to get it built and sign written too!

WM Tree Services

http://www.bestkenttreesurgeons.co.uk

Hi Billy, I just tried to get a photo of ebay (it was on ages ago) but the listing has timed out. As soon as I can I'll get photos up and let people know how I'm getting on with it. Fortunately, it's already converted to a tipper, so it just needs painting etc and a chop box making up to my spec. I want adjustable sides and bolsters for cord.

I've just started the o licence form, how much quicker does the int1 form make the process? I can't insure it until I get the o licence squared, a bit frustrating but there we go.

Hi Billy, I just tried to get a photo of ebay (it was on ages ago) but the listing has timed out. As soon as I can I'll get photos up and let people know how I'm getting on with it. Fortunately, it's already converted to a tipper, so it just needs painting etc and a chop box making up to my spec. I want adjustable sides and bolsters for cord.

I've just started the o licence form, how much quicker does the int1 form make the process? I can't insure it until I get the o licence squared, a bit frustrating but there we go.

I presume that's the form for the I trim licence. My guy says in London and southeast they are rarely granted but in other areas it can see you up and running in a few weeks. Surely the truck can be insured for personal use like a car without the o license. As you can still keep it and drive it without one as long as it's not loaded.