Help

jase8519

How did you get on with the clutch?

I'm having the same trouble. I'm giving up and taking my 362 to the mechanic....:thumbdown::cursing:

Well it came off had to use a impact driver though wd40 sprayed on and soaked it for 6 hours . How much skin have you lost ?

I used an impact gun on my 201 last week, sheared the flywheel key. Funny thing is I just refitted the flywheel in roughly the eight position and tightened it up and it works perfectly still ! Also the Stihl piston stops hat form with a. Sprocket kit are rubbish I snapped one off in my other 201 just using a ratchet to undo the clutch, use rope.

I used an impact gun on my 201 last week, sheared the flywheel key. Funny thing is I just refitted the flywheel in roughly the eight position and tightened it up and it works perfectly still ! Also the Stihl piston stops hat form with a. Sprocket kit are rubbish I snapped one off in my other 201 just using a ratchet to undo the clutch, use rope.

You have to make sure they are located right before applying any pressure or they will just snap for fun.

Well it came off had to use a impact driver though wd40 sprayed on and soaked it for 6 hours . How much skin have you lost ?

I only lost a little bit of skin, but I lost a lot of my temper. Nearly stuck the dogs in my knuckles too many times. Broke my combi spanner too. I tried using a torque wrench but it just kept slipping off.

So I admitted defeat and took it to the mech, and he got it off with impact driver, no fuss.

Turns out though, after I tried using it today, that a bit of my old clutch broke off and nigh on destroyed the inside of the clutch housing. Buggered the oil pump up. The oil just runs out the bottom of the saw. So back to the mechanic it is!!:banghead:

How did you get on with the clutch?

I'm having the same trouble. I'm giving up and taking my 362 to the mechanic....:thumbdown::cursing:

Stihls are relatively easy to do, just get the piston stopped with either rope (making sure it doesn't go down the exhaust port or transfers) or the nylon double ended Stihl stop, place the socket on the clutch and place the saw on the floor, foot in the rear handle, hand on the top handle, use a decent length socket wrench and pop, off it will come.

Done loads and never a real issue - had to grind flat the rolled edges of an impact socket once as the nut was a bit shagged but it popped off just fine!

It really is no biggie IMO:001_rolleyes::lol: