Arb trailer,

prolinep

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks a great trailer. To the top of the lower sides is 2 cu metres so you have just over 6 cu metres of space so you should be able to work out the weight of chip. You can carry around 2.25 tonnes on that trailer with high sides fitted. 2 tonnes of sand is a little pile in the middle of the trailer. Watch you dont go over weight big time as it will wear the linnings and hitch and probably the rear end of your truck. We have the same trailer and loaded with logs to the top of the lower sides it comes in at 3500kg

Roof is made from Alu as it was lighter and easier to take off if we wanna chuck logs in, but tend to leave it at home and just use the wooden boards from the Ramps to get the chipper in on top. As a chip roof!! We fitted ladder rack so it sits on cross bar to head board and then strap It down with racket.

As for weight if we load fully up with chip and logs we can probs get 4.5 ton off a job but its towing is abit slow haha still

Means you can do a whole job with out having to tip :D took us ages but well thought out little trailer :).

Looks good mate. I'd be tempted to put barn doors at the back as well to stop people seeing inside when tools are in it ( and seeing how over loaded it is)! I'm siding towards the 8x5 tipper trailer as my current vehicle can only legally tow 2t.

Looks good mate. I'd be tempted to put barn doors at the back as well to stop people seeing inside when tools are in it ( and seeing how over loaded it is)! I'm siding towards the 8x5 tipper trailer as my current vehicle can only legally tow 2t.

You could plate it down. ally plate 2000kg gross rivet to chassis. I dont think the tt85 is much lighter than the tt105. If you dont need a narrow trailer the 105 has better tyres lower load deck and more stable as its wider.

Is the height the same as standard high sides and how does the unladen weight compare with the caged sides?I'm thinking of a similar set up but might get sort of roof on part it.

You mean like this!

This is 126 version.... if you fill it you will need low box!

Steve

59766937689c6_cameramemory318.jpg.e550c689a15c8a4b87e665969b838c01.jpg