Tipper Trailer Advice

New Boy

They were supplied at extra cost with a skid carrier built in underneath. I find it a really versatile trailer as the skids fit in any position around the bed, and excellent build quality. I have had no troubles with this trailer in fact I think it's one if my best buys ever ! The only thing I could gripe about are how the clip chains are held in position with a rivet !! which is pretty poor considering the price of the trailer, nothing that a few TEK screws won't sort though 👍

[ATTACH]156995[/ATTACH]

Hi mate how you doing - yep it goes on easy, I have the ali ramps so a bit lighter than the standard ones, even managed to squeeze a 8" tracked Jensen on there :)

This is what I was planning on doing and pulling the chipper on with a winch on the front of the trailer. However, I've just realised that my A540di is 39cm too long for one of these trailers!

Curses!

I'm interested to see how this thread goes, I've been looking at getting a tipping trailer myself only problem and hopefully someone can help me out on this, I know they are a bit higher than a standard drop side, does this have any effect on loading on a tracked Timberwolf? I know I would have to find one with a big enough payload but would there be problems with balance on corners etc with the height?

Sorry New Boy if I hijacked a bit there a wee bit there :/

Jay

I tow a tracked 150 on my TT105g some times as I can get my stump grinder on also. Its fine, tows great.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• Like 1

Sorry Daniel that's a nice trailer but that headboard looks so out of place imo, is that standard brian james fitment because it looks like someone bolted some dexion to it as an afterthought.

I might have a look at brian james for my next crane trailer base

I have the same headboard on mine and it looks fine in the flesh its a thick well galvanised effort. We have a 16ft flat bed with full mesh kit. Monster of a trailer thing I like best is centre of gravity is much lower than the ifor which also makes it easier to step of all day. Very versatile car boots, generator movements, kindling wood collections.

Image105.jpg.e7532f2bc86d8636a45b5c8197d23282.jpg

Hi guys could any of you please comment on the daily use as a sole method of dealing with waste etc and balancing this with the transportation of a chipper etc??????

Original question below. Thanks.

Also does anyone use a tipping trailer daily, if so how do you manage both, logs, chip and branches etc?

New Boy

We run a 2 vehicle set up for many jobs.

Navara pulling an Atlas tipper (Ifor copy) and the Iveco tipper towing the chipper.

This means we can take away a few logs in the Navara plus 5mcube of chips in the trailer and when the new chip box gets fitted another 4m cube of chips.

We do a lot of large Cypress/Lawson/Thuya jobs so capacity is important for us.

Ty

Anyone had or used Wessex trailers? On the hunt for one myself and currently got my eyes on a Wessex tipper for sale at the moment. It's only 8x4 and I did want a 10x5 for fencing materials but its one of very few that come up locally enough. Should I not purchase it and find an older ifor at what age did they become crap?! Cheers