Husky 440e 450e 550xp

muttley9050

OK I know you guys are bored with what saw threads, but I think I've narrowed down my new saw purchase to one of the above.

I'm going to do my cs30/31 in the next few months so must be suitable for that.

I'm no way a pro user. Will be used for some small scale logging, and as a cross cut saw along side my 051s when milling and to go out with my Lucas mill. I think 15 or 18" bar is fine. So my question is for occasional use, is the cheaper 440 going to suit my needs? If not what's the main differences between 450 and 550. Should I save on a 450 or go for it and get a 550xp. This is occasional non pro use. Firewood for burning myself and to aid in milling.

Thanks for the help.

James

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Arbtalk mobile app

I think most people will tell you 550xp and with good reason, they're a very good saw.

I personally would throw another option in there and say investigate a 545 - I have one and love it, same saw as 550 in nearly all regards, without the higher revs but slightly more grunt for crosscutting, and cheaper!

i would drop the 440...a bit underpowered.

the 550 is a great saw but if u are considering such a range from the 440 to the 550 im assuming budget is on your mind...in that case consider the 545 instead. it is a great saw..nearly as quick as 550 but significantly cheaper and more durable than the 400 series saws (440,450).

Any £££s left over invest in some better strides...husky tech extremes to match ur new saw 😃

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk

Thanks, I'll check the 545 out. Always thinking of budget, the saw won't come out much but want it to last. Guess I just have to decide how much I want to spend. Will the 545 cut much quicker than the 450 or is it just build quality your paying for?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Arbtalk mobile app

wont be much difference as they are both 50cc and similar chain speed from memory.

the biggest difference is indeed build quality but also the ergonomics.

the 545 is a much nicer saw to use but if you do decide to get a 450, make sure you get the current version (about 6 months since the update) much slimmer design and better ignition system than the previous variant.

wont be much difference as they are both 50cc and similar chain speed from memory.

the biggest difference is indeed build quality but also the ergonomics.

the 545 is a much nicer saw to use but if you do decide to get a 450, make sure you get the current version (about 6 months since the update) much slimmer design and better ignition system than the previous variant.

All that has been said above . Think it has to be a 15" bar for your tickets . This sticks in my mind as I turned up with an 18" and got " told off " !

Yes they will. Shop around for the better deal. Not meaning to single out just one supplier but FR Jones gives excellent service, great prices and can collect+return for repairs, if I have that correct.

I've also sent you a PM.