Stihl MS661 re-release

Windthrown

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still not at my local dealer. They've also outted all stocks of the ms660 and only thing available in that range in stock was a new ms650. Scarily I checked the d.o.m and the year was 2011 and that's all stihl could supply them with to put on the shelf!

Hi wise I have a as new 660 warm handle 2014 for sale will be on Arb trader now thanks Jon

• 4 months later...
Gotten bored with AS, Windthrown? I find sawhawgs a touch better, but only just.

Yah, AS is a window onto the world of the weird these days. Saw builders dominate there now, and not many arbor guys or fallers there any more. I also wanted some feedback from here on stuff available only in the EU and not in the states. I would hang out on the German site more, but I get lost in translation. As I do here on the UK site from time to time... we speak the same language but the words mean different things across the pond.

I am Windthrow (w/o the n) on Sawhogs, been there for a while. It gets rather rowdy there and senseless a lot of times.

Here we go again...

Jon don't believe everything you read, some things are fictional, like the bible ;)

Windthrown, welcome to the site, have fun trying to understand English, and Jon-speak... Niko will be along shortly to tell you that stihls are crap and over-rated :lol:

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Yah, I know Niko well enough. I also knew his wife before she passed. He reminds me that I have lesser value Amurikan 361 saws all the time as compared to the EU 361s, among other things.

And yes, the 661 is available here on the west coast of the US, finally. Not all dealers stock them yet though, and many have 660s still on the shelves. The 661 has not quite made an appearance in Oz yet. In Oz they have a better 660 than the ones they sell here and they have more power than the 661.

US MS660 Power output (kW/bhp) 5.2/7.1

Oz MS660 Power output (kW/bhp) 5.7/7.6

MS 661 cm Power output (kW/bhp) 5.4/7.3

Also, from the German arbor site I got this information (from 7 in Austria):

Stihl MS661 (Mtronic and non-Mtronic) chainsaws with serial numbers between 177 367 909 and 177 751 744 have been recalled in Europe. There are no non-Mtronic MS661 sold in the US, but apparently they are being sold in some places in Europe. I am not aware of a similar recall in the states. The recall consists of replacing the cylinder, piston, rings, cylinder gasket and intake boot.

And yes, the 661 is available here on the west coast of the US, finally. Not all dealers stock them yet though, and many have 660s still on the shelves. The 661 has not quite made an appearance in Oz yet. In Oz they have a better 660 than the ones they sell here and they have more power than the 661.

US MS660 Power output (kW/bhp) 5.2/7.1

Oz MS660 Power output (kW/bhp) 5.7/7.6

MS 661 cm Power output (kW/bhp) 5.4/7.3

Dual port muffler as stock