Husky 357 xp with scored piston

csservices

Not being funny but it takes me a lot longer than that as I pressure/ vac check the saw, do a compression check, check the squish, clean the carb,check the lines and breathers and the final run up and tach takes over 15 mins - I have never had a repaired seized saw fail again. I need to ensure any reason for failure is found and repaired.

Just saying this as 15 mins means around £7-15 labour for the job - think I had better start subbing my work out to you Eddy:lol:

15 mins to rip down and reassemble the cylinder isn't fast, yes the testing takes time, but a compression test takes all of 2 minutes, pressure/vac testing is what takes longest, but I do set out a bench in a style Barrie would be proud of... Slightly, it isn't as organised as his :P finally, I usually know the cause of the seize, I can guarantee the next time I have a k650 disc cutter to fix it'll be a straight fueled seize, so I can skip certain checks to begin with.

And I'm quick at reassembly because I don't get paid per saw, I get paid a set wage, whether it takes me 1 or 24 hours to fix the saw.

And I recommend you to people when I CBA to fix stuff, so subbing the work to me would be counterproductive for me :lol: especially ms200t's with faulty crankshafts and bearings ;)

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if a saw comes in, complete and seized, how long to clean the bore, fit a new piston, do the inspection and checks to ensure all is OK and do the final run up and tach?

TBH, I generally give it 6 hrs but do give the saw a good clean up!

I am a bit fastidious in my work but aim for perfection:blushing:

So if a saw comes in, complete and seized, how long to clean the bore, fit a new piston, do the inspection and checks to ensure all is OK and do the final run up and tach?

TBH, I generally give it 6 hrs but do give the saw a good clean up!

I am a bit fastidious in my work but aim for perfection:blushing:

nice to read the above:thumbup1:

I stripped and cleaned a 357xp de'udder day (i have it on loan) and it took me a few hours just to do that due to severe saw dust contamination between the fins and around the pot, congealed chain oil, grease and mold that had started to form within the side casings. air line, stiff bristled paint brush and a can of brake cleaner. Oiler was clogged up as the oil/sawdust combination hardened had blocked the teeth up making it ineffective thus destroying the plastic drive sprocket. I can rip a piston and pot off quickly enuf but i like the saw to be very clean b4 i start any 'internal work.' me tinks it's worth the effort.

nice to read the above:thumbup1:

I stripped and cleaned a 357xp de'udder day (i have it on loan) and it took me a few hours just to do that due to severe saw dust contamination between the fins and around the pot, congealed chain oil, grease and mold that had started to form within the side casings. air line, stiff bristled paint brush and a can of brake cleaner. Oiler was clogged up as the oil/sawdust combination hardened had blocked the teeth up making it ineffective thus destroying the plastic drive sprocket. I can rip a piston and pot off quickly enuf but i like the saw to be very clean b4 i start any 'internal work.' me tinks it's worth the effort.

I guess Eddy is working for another and to do as we do is probably an unchargeable extra but I do a good all round inspection when doing any overhaul/porting as much of my work is via courier and I hate the thought that a £2 recoil rope would mess up a rebuilt seized saw and cause the owner hassle for the sake of a ten minute job.

Not getting at you Eddie but just don't want the guys I gave done work for thinking i have done the job in 15 mins or even an hour - wish I could work that fast - the strip down is easy, the inspection, clean, test and final setup are the time consuming parts of what I do!

A seized cylinder can take 20 mins to an hour for the acid to do its work!

I guess we all have our own ways and do our own thing and have our own expectations from the work we do - I take a returned saw very personally :blushing::001_rolleyes::lol:

most jobs u do for me spud u do on a Sunday morning while I wait not quit 15 mins more like a hour :lol::lol:

I find it really easy what u do mate I do it half that amount of time :thumbup1:

and once iv cocked up it ends up at urs :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

cant wait to see my 357 :thumbup1:

most jobs u do for me spud u do on a Sunday morning while I wait not quit 15 mins more like a hour :lol::lol:

I find it really easy what u do mate I do it half that amount of time :thumbup1:

and once iv cocked up it ends up at urs :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

cant wait to see my 357 :thumbup1:

Think you may have been cloned by Mendiplogs Martin, you are beginning to make no sense:lol:

You seen my vid of my 066:001_rolleyes::lol:

Holiday been good, weather fab:thumbup:

I guess Eddy is working for another and to do as we do is probably an unchargeable extra but I do a good all round inspection when doing any overhaul/porting as much of my work is via courier and I hate the thought that a £2 recoil rope would mess up a rebuilt seized saw and cause the owner hassle for the sake of a ten minute job.

Not getting at you Eddie but just don't want the guys I gave done work for thinking i have done the job in 15 mins or even an hour - wish I could work that fast - the strip down is easy, the inspection, clean, test and final setup are the time consuming parts of what I do!

A seized cylinder can take 20 mins to an hour for the acid to do its work!

I guess we all have our own ways and do our own thing and have our own expectations from the work we do - I take a returned saw very personally :blushing::001_rolleyes::lol:

I know you do a very thorough job, hence why I had nick's nephew get him to send that 200t to you. I on the other hand get paid to fix my employers machinery, of which I usually know what caused the fault. Tuning isn't something I really class in repairs, it's a standard thing I do without thinking as a check.

Unfortunately, most of my repairs are done either at the end of the working day, or after, so the repairs or retunes are done very quickly to get the machine back in circulation, that and I can't be bothered when I know the person whose saw it is won't do the most basic of maintenance.

I know you do a very thorough job, hence why I had nick's nephew get him to send that 200t to you. I on the other hand get paid to fix my employers machinery, of which I usually know what caused the fault. Tuning isn't something I really class in repairs, it's a standard thing I do without thinking as a check.

Unfortunately, most of my repairs are done either at the end of the working day, or after, so the repairs or retunes are done very quickly to get the machine back in circulation, that and I can't be bothered when I know the person whose saw it is won't do the most basic of maintenance.

LOL bet you see an awful lot of unloved kit.

Thanks for that :thumbup: Guess you have the benefit of being able to have the saw back easily if things aren't right, some of my customers are up to 300 miles away and it isn't easy for me to put an hour plus, on the machine - there is a limit to the amount of firewood I can burn:lol: