Veggies in!

grtforestry

Hello

Yes we have quite a large pottage, got potatoes coming up, onions, celeriac & just planted some cauliflowers. Everythings bit ahead being further south & also had several self seeded tomato plants after we spread the compost heap.

N

Hello

Yes we have quite a large pottage, got potatoes coming up, onions, celeriac & just planted some cauliflowers. Everythings bit ahead being further south & also had several self seeded tomato plants after we spread the compost heap.

N

My first season at growing so expecting to fail on a few things! Got a big patch to go at, green house not up yet tho! So no tommys in yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Spent a back breaking day today at the allotment trying to get on top of things.

Lots of weeding and digging over. Got the spuds in and some onions, moved about 40 raspberry bushes from a weed infested bed into a clean one.

Need to replace several panes in the greenhouse before I can use it, but a few more hard days should get it all done:001_smile:

My first season at growing so expecting to fail on a few things! Got a big patch to go at, green house not up yet tho! So no tommys in yet.

Hi

Well, theres a lot to learn & we continue to discover all sorts of things, the last few years we've been planting by the moon phases, the idea is that gravitational pull of the moon influences moisture in the soil, therefore an optimum time to plant certain types of veg.

it certainly works for us & our neighbour Claude has been doing it for years, we also have quite a few plum, pear, apple & mirrabelle trees so make Eau de Vie (legal using a mobile licensed still that visits in March)

Tomatoes need a bit of help to get going, we used to have a small plastic greenhouse in UK which worked well & I suspect a poly tunnel may be next years acquisition.

N

Any keen gardeners among us? Just got the last of my tatties in today, every thing else went in on Monday. Biggest job now is keeping next doors cat out of it now!

Sound like you got your potatoes in at just the right time as we planted our earlies about a month ago and they were doing fine about 8 inches out of the ground and had been earthed up lightly a couple of times but they got caught by the frost in chilly Essex this weekend just gone and are looking seriously wilted and blackened Oh well onwards and upwards our tomatoe and cucumber plants are doing well as are our runner bean plants these are inside a greenhouse happy planting and cheers from Essexlogman

Sound like you got your potatoes in at just the right time as we planted our earlies about a month ago and they were doing fine about 8 inches out of the ground and had been earthed up lightly a couple of times but they got caught by the frost in chilly Essex this weekend just gone and are looking seriously wilted and blackened Oh well onwards and upwards our tomatoe and cucumber plants are doing well as are our runner bean plants these are inside a greenhouse happy planting and cheers from Essexlogman

Yeah I nearly put every thing about a month back but the farther in law stopped me. All trail and error for a year or so, hoping to get into competition growing in a year or so once I have more idea what am doing.