Bin the Accountants

Paul Jenks

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going back to Paul's original post, I understand where your coming from, and do think the handle assembly on the 201 has not been designed with the real world arborist in mind which is a shame.

Although should they really design it to be bashed into things?

I used the 201 for several months before that to got stolen, and myself and 6 others in that time never had an issue with running or durability, although we always clip it short and never drop our saws.

As for the new 461 and 661 our initial impressions are that these saws are equal in build and ruggedness of previous models, although it's still early days to see if they will last several years hard labour like our previous 460's and 660's did before they got stolen.

My t540 has already been a pain and had problems with reliability already, although when it runs I put it slightly above the 201.

Have to get in on this thread , without a doubt quality is gone through the floor .

Ive a 441 after getting 2 sets of anti-vib on warranty , a 261 got half way through 2nd tank and wont run (also shocked at how spongy it feels) , a 15 month old 357 on its way to spud for a rebuild , all well minded saws .

When Dutch elm was at its peak here in the Late 80s some years cut 400 ton over winter with a pair of 038s and an 051 . The 038s would have been on 20 inch bars for hardwood in winter, and summer would have seen them on 16 inch bars in softwood . They lasted at least 3 years each and we replaced them with 044s which lasted the same . A neighbouring farmer boutght one f the 038s of us and it ran up until a few years ago , a mate of mine also a farmer bought one of the 044s and was running it until last year .

Likewise 028s and even husqy 61s , getting far more use than any of the individual saws i have now lasted treble the time .

Im really considering Dolmar or Echo , there are oleo macs in my Local Husqy dealers and im tempted .