Ladies Trousers

quixoticgeek

Hi. Pfanner (previously known as StretchAIR), offer most of their styles in a short leg length (75cm inside leg) and in XS size, which has been an ideal solution for lady chainsaw operator customers in the past.

For type C protection, the Pfanner Arborist trousers would be best for you, that's Class 1.

If you can let me know where you live (pm me), I can give you details of the nearest Pfanner Partner to you and they will be able to help you.

(Our company is the UK distributor for Pfanner).

Yvonne :)

as the cut is different for mens trousers to ladies the only thing is try before you buy. FYI no one makes ladies chainsaw pants as the lower cut waist will not pass the test.

The actual more significant factor of the cut is around the arse and thighs, much more so than any difference in waist line.

J

might I ask why your looking for a pair of class 3 trousers, normally folk are only looking for this level of protection with BIG saws, or being stuck working on a FC site, I have a pair of class 3 chaps that I purchased in the USA, and I only wear them when I have no choice as there better than a day in a sauna for weight loss....they are heavy...even with braces on them

The actual more significant factor of the cut is around the arse and thighs, much more so than any difference in waist line.

J

yes but no:biggrin: the spec for the waist is 20cm protection above the crotch which is lower than a ladies stile cut:sneaky2:

might I ask why your looking for a pair of class 3 trousers, normally folk are only looking for this level of protection with BIG saws, or being stuck working on a FC site, I have a pair of class 3 chaps that I purchased in the USA, and I only wear them when I have no choice as there better than a day in a sauna for weight loss....they are heavy...even with braces on them

The honest answer: naivety.

I am at the very beginning of my training. I thought class 3 trousers would be needed as the chainsaw I want has a speed at max power of above 20m/s and a max speed even higher. Therefore, the logic I went through is faster chain == tougher trousers.

However, since asking this question, I have learnt a lot. Just because the saw can do speed X doesn't mean that you need trousers at >X. At least, this is now my understanding. I am more than happy to be told different. Thus a pair of type C class 1 trousers will be perfectly good enough for what I want to do. Unless once again, I have got the wrong end of the stick.

Thanks

Julia

best off trying them on and probably spend as much as you can as the cheaper ones tend to be heavier and hotter.

i preffer the pfanner stretch air trousers.

as far as i know there are no trousers specificly for women( not that i have really looked!)

carl