I Need to get quicker at climbing

michael larder

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha whatever pal

It was a bit of tongue in cheek mate that's all. He's right, once you've got a bit of full on experience you'll be able to relate.

I love a bit of competition between me and my ground crew. They take great pleasure in telling me they've run out of brash if they're keeping on top of it, and vice versa if they're not.

Don't focus too much on dashing around like a stabbed rat. Keep steady, plan your work as you go, and watch other climbers. If you keep it up one day you'll be slick and efficient and you won't have even noticed the transition.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

It was a bit of tongue in cheek mate that's all. He's right, once you've got a bit of full on experience you'll be able to relate.

I love a bit of competition between me and my ground crew. They take great pleasure in telling me they've run out of brash if they're keeping on top of it, and vice versa if they're not.

Don't focus too much on dashing around like a stabbed rat. Keep steady, plan your work as you go, and watch other climbers. If you keep it up one day you'll be slick and efficient and you won't have even noticed the transition.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

Cheers joe. The climbers are really good aswel so i will learn alot them and their giving me plenty of climbing practice . I thought steve was trying to patronize me unless ive missed something , which by the sounds of it i have. Anyway thanks for the advice.:001_smile:

Cheers joe. The climbers are really good aswel so i will learn alot them and their giving me plenty of climbing practice . I thought steve was trying to patronize me unless ive missed something , which by the sounds of it i have. Anyway thanks for the advice.:001_smile:

Good on you, it should come quickly. If you want to be good at something, it tends to happen IMO.

Nah, there's as bit of a trend for climbers to become primadonnas (crashing a huge bit down then having a rolly while the poor lads below scramble to clear it), it's a standing joke on our team. Seems he was just suggesting that's how you should climb. Scottish humour can be tricky sometimes :P

Good on you, it should come quickly. If you want to be good at something, it tends to happen IMO.

Nah, there's as bit of a trend for climbers to become primadonnas (crashing a huge bit down then having a rolly while the poor lads below scramble to clear it), it's a standing joke on our team. Seems he was just suggesting that's how you should climb. Scottish humour can be tricky sometimes :P

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk[/quote

Haha cheers mate

I worked for a company where, before my time, a Prima Donna was playing up. The older, and more cantankerous, groundie dipped the end of his rope in the fuel can and set light to it.

On another occasion he tied off the end of the guys rope so he couldn't descend while they enjoyed the tea and biscuits supplied by the client.

He learnt eventually, apparently.

The best climbers are the ones who know how to regulate the workflow. They work harder to make the groundies lives easier when the groundies have it hard and cut off bigger bits when they have a lot of guys to keep busy. Being quick and neat around a tree is a given. They have to work as part of a cohesive and supportive team.

Anyone who makes a big mess has no place with us.