Husqvarna T540 XP Review

Arborist Reviews

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fantastic responce....good balance ...good grunt....makes stihl look like they are having a laugh...maybe going to be a bit weak in places ,but dont mind replacing a few bits for the throttle benefits....reminds me of 020:biggrin:

lets see how long it wants to play for......

Good review Steve, I pulled the spark screen out of mine, it really is a fantastic saw, only bad bit is the rear av spring, but that isn't a problem if you don't drop the saw onto the strop .

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Second AV spring bent . Replacing it with a third and then going to attach a webbing limiter strap between the two halves . What can happen is the two halves get pulled apart which stretches the impulse pipe inside causing it to restrict , split or pull off .

A fragile saw. Which is a shame cause i love it but proving costly to maintain all the plastic bits. I have three, two of which are in under warranty and the third which is two months old but looking more haggard than my 2010 ms200t. Same reviews from many colleagues of mine.

I would probably echo Steve on comments about the saw, nothing but positive from a users POV. Apart from the rear AV spring getting a little twisted the saw has stayed together way better than any 200 ive owned.

I would be really interested to hear what parts are falling off, breaking etc.

Any info would be very much appreciated.:thumbup1:

I would probably echo Steve on comments about the saw, nothing but positive from a users POV. Apart from the rear AV spring getting a little twisted the saw has stayed together way better than any 200 ive owned.

Fuel tanks open up on the seam and the top handle folds where the switch and trigger are.

My AV spring mod ....

DSCF0024.jpg.a83c4ee9348e527754c181440c2276b2.jpg

• 1 month later...
Fuel tanks open up on the seam and the top handle folds where the switch and trigger are.

Cheers for the feedback, and sorry for the late reply!

What do you mean by the handle folds?

We dont sell in the volume that the large established retailers sell in but I haven't had any returns with these probs yet.

All we have had is, av rear spring, yep its not very strong, well not up to the job anyway.

One leaking fuel tank vent and one impulse pipe connector fail.

I appreciate the info as it all helps:thumbup1:

Our one still gets abused and the bar is looking good and the saw is running strong with not one problem.

Cheers for the feedback, and sorry for the late reply!

What do you mean by the handle folds?

We dont sell in the volume that the large established retailers sell in but I haven't had any returns with these probs yet.

All we have had is, av rear spring, yep its not very strong, well not up to the job anyway.

One leaking fuel tank vent and one impulse pipe connector fail.

I appreciate the info as it all helps:thumbup1:

Our one still gets abused and the bar is looking good and the saw is running strong with not one problem.

Just got mine back as it would start but not run . The secondary butterfly that "follows the main one with a slight delay ( a feature of Xtorque engines ) has a seal behind it . This was not seated properly and was leaking air .