Advice please

neilmcl

Hey guys i do a lot of ground work not ,much grass but starting to get a lot more lately, cut a long story short i have been using a £200 B&Q job mountfield for a few years and yeah its not great.

Think i am gonna look into buying a roller mower. i like the idea of a 21" deck

but there are so many to chose from not sure i can afford a brand new one

any info from people who have tried and tested these tools would be great!

Thanks Neil.

Honda pro roller me old fruit they are the best.

Or if you can't afford that get a lawnflite pro roller it's basically the same as the Honda just a different name.

Or a hayter harrier 56, I wouldn't bother with this as when it rains it can't throw the grass in the bag very well and you are always unblocking it. Plus everytime you empty the bag you have to re-start it again where on the Hondas and lawnflite they have a blade brake clutch which keeps the engine running and stops the blade at the same time.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys i got a new mower and a reality check, went to a company local to me with a friend with no intention of buying anything and ended up talking to one of the guys and got on about lawn mowers. he was asking about what sort of lawns i do and most of the lawns i do ARE crap and bumpy cut a long story short the weight and size of the roller mowers are to big and heavy to load of and off my transit tipper so i was looking at a grx 476 and he had a second hand one a lady bought last year for 900 and i ended up buying it for 450 with full warranty. really happy with the price because some of the tat on ebay for that money.

I would eventually like a roller mower too bud right now i dont have enuf nice lawns and no trailer.

Thanks

I was kinda heart set on a honda all the guys i know in my area recommend them over anything and the fact that the almost brand new one was half the price it was the deal breaker for me, Im Very Very pleased with the mower and a million times better than my old mountfield haha, It also has mulching option witch i great for me as i do a few old farm conversions with sections of field in the garden.