best 3.5 tonne with big payload?

Mr Oz

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've got a old nissan cabstar, read somewhere ages ago my model could carry 1.7 ton, maximum weight 3.4t, but I want to get on a weigh bridge to confirm though

ive heard alot about cabstars but is it true that can tow 1.7:confused1:if it does...that might be the one we need :001_cool:

The single wheel cabstars are 3.4 tonne and do come in at about 1.7 tonne it's been so long since I drove one I'd forgot all sbout them good little trucks but prices are high as the exporters love them, I doubt you,ll find a better little load carring tipper

ive heard alot about cabstars but is it true that can tow 1.7:confused1:if it does...that might be the one we need :001_cool:

most 3500kg vans will tow at least 1700kg of trailer. I think my last vito towed 2000kg. I see the new sprinter tows 2800kg. The older cabstars were prone to over heat when solo and new so would not be a vehicle I would pick to tow with.

most 3500kg vans will tow at least 1700kg of trailer. I think my last vito towed 2000kg. I see the new sprinter tows 2800kg. The older cabstars were prone to over heat when solo and new so would not be a vehicle I would pick to tow with.

An optional extra for the new sprinter is to up it to 3.5t towing capacity.

Going astray from the original topic, iveco 65 something towing beaver tail plant trailer, air brakes, hydraulic tail, 11t payload

[ATTACH]154759[/ATTACH]

sorry for the upside-down pic

Looks interesting but only if you have a better payload and gross under a car licence ie 7.5 tonne or 8.5 tonne what ever it is now. Once you are into operators license you may as well have a proper lorry unless I am missing something ie fuel savings.