young'un requesting opinions of the experienced

deezyboy

Thanks guys, and Alec don't I know it, just spent a grand on a whole new fuel pump and turbo!

Mmmm, they're unknown on age but bodywork is all tidy enough to suggest it's in good shape. Has a kohler engine and it's advertised for £450. Needs a new gear selector cable which sounds straightforward enough.

I think it will be a good investment for the future and hopefully bring me plenty of moolar in in return, was just checking to see if you thought I was going too quick too fast.

When ive had a conundrum like this in the past,i have put a cheap small ad in local paper for the proposed service(ie flail mowing) and then judged the response as to whether there is demand for that machine.If the response is good you have confidence buying the kit to make money straight away.

The main things you need for running a business is common sense and luck. But saying that some of my logical common sense decisions have been a disaster and some of my off the wall risk whole wad impulsive buys have come good.

I like the idea of advertising the service if you get a few bites and the mower has sold you could still hire one to complete the work.

Thanks guys, and Alec don't I know it, just spent a grand on a whole new fuel pump and turbo!

Mmmm, they're unknown on age but bodywork is all tidy enough to suggest it's in good shape. Has a kohler engine and it's advertised for £450. Needs a new gear selector cable which sounds straightforward enough.

I think it will be a good investment for the future and hopefully bring me plenty of moolar in in return, was just checking to see if you thought I was going too quick too fast.

make me think shall i buy it if it was offered to me, but then i do have work i could use it on. hard one as other posts could sit waiting for work. or you could hire it out making your money back. not to joe public but other people you know in the same line of work. IT may get looked after. other thing is are parts for it easy to get. that is the main thing if you can get them next day for it fine if its some out of date thing that is a job to find the parts then walk away. as it will break down and then you will be stuck with a machine that you can not get parts for. only then worth scrap.

You could have hired one when the work came in and not had the bother of mending it, storing it and looking for work to justify buying it. If the price was right and you have room for it no problem though and you might make a bit of money on it in the long run.