A Valid reason to be fired?

Python

Opinions on this please guys,

As of Wednesday I am to be dismissed from my job along with another colleague for the allegation of "possession of an offensive weapon" this was later broken down into two separate issues:

1: being in possession of and using a piece of non company issued equipment.

And 2: dispatching a badly injured Deer,Therefore making a tool an offensive weapon.

Ive currently been sitting around now for three months on suspension waiting for hr to make a decision and they have finally made it, so would you guys and gals deem this to be a valid reason?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion no for reason 2

but it depends what the tool was in reason 1

was there something in your contract that stated something about it or not

It look like you might need to take some legal advice if you have not already

that my opinion i am not saying thats the truth

Do you work for the stazi? "Possession of non company issued equipment", really?

I suppose there is a lot more to this than the above two lines? (not accusing you of anything but every story has different sides)

On first glance it does seem a bit harsh though. Was the deer being nursed by a class of teenage girls when you waded in and gutted it?

Originally a machete that's been part of my everyday kit for nearly 5 years but it was infact my penknife that was used and because it's not the £3.99 company one it's the end of the world, there's also 18 months between the incident and the suspension

I once saw a chap get fired straight away for kicking a seagull which had just done it's business on his car at lunch break. But they were company toe caps.

I hope it wasn't a saw you used to despatch it as that would have caused more downtime cleaning it.

In the 3 months have you not had any professional advice on the matter? Seems a bit harsh if it was injured.

50% of my gear isn't company issue lol and the deer was a female water deer that had been crushed by a vehicle, there's no company policy for either and all the sharp shiny things in our vehicle were confiscated and surrendered to the police..... Only to be given back to us the next week by the police because they didn't find them to be offensive.