Ceramic spikes.

tommer9

Was trying to find a contact for sawmill blades, and came across this site:Carry on Camping! (Do or Die) Never mind the general content of the site- the bit that interested me was the bit where they are on about hammering ceramic spikes into trees to devalue the timber as it was destined for BMW dashboards. A:made my blood boil, B:what is this doing to trees? Nothing, or harming them horribly?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent, good on them. Maybe the locals and visitors to that area can enjoy those woodlands for another 13,000 years. BMW dashboards = sh*te.

Wonder how they got the ceramic spikes into the trees?

Their info on Faslane Peace Camp is well off the mark, its a lot older than 15 years.

Excellent, good on them. Maybe the locals and visitors to that area can enjoy those woodlands for another 13,000 years. BMW dashboards = sh*te.

Wonder how they got the ceramic spikes into the trees?

Their info on Faslane Peace Camp is well off the mark, its a lot older than 15 years.

those lazy arsed hippies will take all the wood/chips/brash and sawdust you can give them. well handy when working in helensburgh:sneaky2::001_smile:

Faslane Peace Camp is a funny place, some of the most expensive properties in Scotland just down the road in Rhu and right opposite the peace camp the triple rows of stacked razor wire, giant electric fences and alsations patrolling the perimeter. Amazing to think the peace campers regularly get onto and inside the nuclear subs, last year they got up the trees in the base and had to be shot down......just kidding...think they got hungryand came down themselves.

Yeah- but the point is, are they doing the trees harm or not?? I understand what they think, and don't really care for the rights or wrongs of the great unwashed, but just coz BNW aren't getting the wood, is it saving trees? or is it killing them:confused1::001_smile:

Yeah- but the point is, are they doing the trees harm or not?? I understand what they think, and don't really care for the rights or wrongs of the great unwashed, but just coz BNW aren't getting the wood, is it saving trees? or is it killing them:confused1::001_smile:

The ceramics aint gonna do the trees any harm-CODIT - and its a hell of a lot better to have a few ceramic spikes in the trees than have them clearfelled just so that some bloated faced property developer from Essex can parade around in his shiny new Beamer showing off his authentic Caledonian Oak Dash to his golf club buddies.

Yeah, 1982.....well older than 15 years-

476986217_d51e95a514.jpg?v=0

- and its a hell of a lot better to have a few ceramic spikes in the trees than have them clearfelled just so that some bloated faced property developer from Essex can parade around in his shiny new Beamer showing off his authentic Caledonian Oak Dash to his golf club buddies.

QUOTE]

I quite agree, I thought as not too. Thanks.

they have had a lot of tree work done recently tim, i was working round there last month and passed for a look in. how the hell you could get over the fences i will never know

Next time you pass, look out for the big Sequoia growing between the newer apartment blocks on the side nearest H'boro, looks like its dying back (yellowing/thinning foliage) from construction damage....damn shame.

Edited by scotspine1