Welcome new members

Steve Bullman

Well its got Jeremy Renner as hansel and Gemma Arterton as gretel, hunting and killing witches and some horny lookig woman as the witch, who i have got to wait till the credits to see who she is. Dressed in leather, fantasy figures, trolls, blood and gore etc all running and flying around in a large forest.

Well its got Jeremy Renner as hansel and Gemma Arterton as gretel, hunting and killing witches and some horny lookig woman as the witch, who i have got to wait till the credits to see who she is. Dressed in leather, fantasy figures, trolls, blood and gore etc all running and flying around in a large forest.

Yup, that's pretty much it Monday-Friday.

Wouldn't dream of killing a Witch though! Do I look like an idiot?

Yep, your gonna have to see it somehow, right up your street. And why do they put credits so small and fast that you cant read em, dam.

Hansel and Gretel witch hunters.

The missus seems to think ch5 have their own version of i player thingy.

Rumpy-pumpy before or after cabbage broth:biggrin:

Hello, joined over 2 years ago. Been busy , now a harvesting site supervisor, NRW Supervising forwarders and harvesters on clearfell and thinnings. Id like to try my hand at forwarding and harvesting, but need training, and has to be on private land. Any ideas how to do this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

I am grateful for being able to read and digest the wise words from many of the members within this group. A very brief personal history: I am currently coming from a few years in grounds maintenance that has involved quite a lot of tree planting/care and also a lot of "unofficial" chainsaw work! I also co-own a place with an acre and a half of land that has required a lot of tree felling and maintenance over the years. Officially, I have done all sorts of things over the years, but I keep coming back to my love of trees and woodland. This has led me to doing a couple of seasons with a very reputable tree nursery where I was carrying out afforestation and reforestation projects as well as lots of assisting with clearing and felling. I am also involved in a local woodland management project which is thoroughly enjoyable as well as being very educational. Working with trees is good for the soul and not just about money as I am sure a lot of you would agree. However, we all need money to progress and survive so I am currently putting extra cash away to raise enough to get my first three tickets in order to move forward properly. Once I get those I can progress towards larger trees and harness work etc.

So yes, I am coming into this group as a (perhaps slightly older?) newbie, but a person who loves this environment as much as everyone here. Age is unimportant if you have the right attitude and enthusiasm anyway. I am not going to be satisfied until I climb my first tree (officially that is ;)).

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all. I have been reading forums on here for quite a while so I thought it's time I joined in. I have been doing grounds maintenance and landscaping for a good few years now. I have always had an interest in trees and have been doing some un official work but I will be doing my cs39 next week and hope to be doing more tree work in the future.That's it for now.

Hi all,

I'm in my final year of the FdSc Arb at Myerscough and have been reading through the forum for a while with some interest so I thought I'd join in and add a reprobate to the ranks :laugh1:

I'm aiming to go down the consultancy route career wise, tackling implication assessments for planning, woodland management, monitoring works etc. It also seemed like the wise choice as I'm extremely clumsy and there are far too many things I'm quite 'attached' to that would undoubtedly be severed if I were to wield a chainsaw :lol:. I'm also terrified of heights and would need a fall arrest system just to put a light bulb in. Seriously I dont know how you climbers do it, I take my hard hat off to you.

I spend a lot of time rambling in the woods around East Anglia and regularly take photos of fungi, unusual or spectacular trees and anything else of note arboriculturally so perhaps I could contribute.

Howdy