Welcome new members

Steve Bullman

hi just wondering how i edit my profile? all i can do is see what other people see not too hot with computers so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great

cheers

If you click private messages at the top right of the page, All the edit options then appear on the left of that screen :thumbup1:

EDIT, I didnt see Andys post first.

New member checking in.

A bit about myself:

I had always been wary of chainsaws,but bit the bullet when i fitted a stove. Now i have three, in my three saw plan to cover allcomers:

ms180,026,046.

Picked up all the safe working practices from a mate who had done the courses. Now do a bit of cutting and clearing as a sideline and to keep myself,my parents, and my bro in firewood which can be hectic at times.

Expect i`ll spend most of my time on the chainsaw forum as i enjoy working and maintaining them.

Rebuilt a basket case 026 a whileback, new bearings,piston and rings,oil pump,seals, polished ports and muffler modded etc. Have a couple of project homelite super xl`s on the go at the mo as bad weather shed projects.

Cheers Andy.

Hello thought id better post up as a newbie at last!!! my background is that i started working for a tree surgeon in leighton buzzard down south when at work experience in upper school and i did this while doing a levels. I then went to sparsholt college in hampshire and did an hnd in lowland forestry management for 3 years. After this i went back home and worked for a while for a tree surgeon while doing my own jobs as well using his yard and collected some big saws an alaskan sawmill, rebuilt several land rovers during this time which lasted around 8 years...how time flies. Then last year i decided to stop tree sugery due to ripped shoulder tendon and general body falling to bits and came up to penrith cumbria to top my hnd up to a degree......having done that im now working as a conservation ranger at center parcs and on days off i do some logging for a guy here. Still got a husq 357xp and an 044 but sold all the other kit...i regret that now, miss my 3120!!!

my choice of transport is a 1955 series 1 land rover with a discovery tdi, various series 2 parts, RR diffs and super powerful pto winch. Run her on veg oil as well..save a bit of cash from the robbing gits!!!:001_tt2:

When i finally get some cash together again im tempted to start a firewood business as all i need is a trailer and a yard/feild and order some wood in!! we shall see, not like i ve never done this type of work before!!!:laugh1:

Oh and i love big timber felling and i have a super soft spot for winches.........:thumbup1:

So...HELLLLLOOOO guys!!!!:thumbup:

Looks like its time for me to do my bit now...

Name's Martin Smyth, 24, and currently working as a volunteer conservation ranger at Kelburn Country Park.

Never really done any work like this before - always been an office boy purely for the steady money, but always loved the outdoors and just couldn't take staring at a computer any more! Should be getting my CS30/31 at the end of august, and with any luck my 38 & 39 at some point soon too.

Ideally I'd like to get a start in arb, but i know its just as much to do with experience as qualifications, so my plan is to start as a groundie and just keep working my way up to being a climber - however long it takes!

hi

joined earlier today. have been using various chainsaws over the years and i used to work in italy fixing the delicate things among other machinery like water pumps, strimmers, rotorvators and anything with an engine really.

used to tune 2 strokes years ago for myself and friends with good results, did some kart racing with good results building/tuning my own machinery.

i once tuned and ported a flymo 2 stroke mower that i had. it had to have ballast to stop it taking off, the neighbours were not amused having grass blown into their garden :laugh1:

im sure i dont have 'big mans' toys like most of you have but i have held on to a few.

i have a husqvarna 50 which i picked up for £20 on ebay 8 years ago as a non runner. turned the choke mechanism the right way round, fitted a new piston ring and it and its been fine ever since. it has not even had a new plug :lol:

i have a light McCulloch 335 that i use up trees, i have had that for 8 years from new and it has never let me down, its an easy to work with saw.

i have an old alpine that really has some guts but i dare not use it without a safety brake. when you rev it the thing points skywards :lol:

i have another McCulloch that i never use as it has needed a new bar for the last 6 years, its about the size of the husky.

to cut my concrete i have a stihl ts400, this cuts out when hot and needs a new coil i should imagine. does anyone know if there is a stihl saw equivalent to the ts400?

soz for rabbiting on :lol: tony

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

I'm a noob to this forum but not tree work; doing since late 70's - fek thats longer than I care to work out. Past ten years been contracts manager & consultant for own company (AAAC) - been self employed 25 years +.

Married kids dogs - into same **** as most of you see to be - bloke stuff, 4x4's, beer, guns, bikes, more bikes (buell) and other stuff.

Doing logging again after a decade lull coz its pikey; now its 'green' - but just for bike-beer money. Mainly consulting nowadays; logging is a nice contrast.

Talking of which the sun is out & I have gotta go do some - winters coming & my garage is bare!

Cheers

Bryn

We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

Winston Churchill

Hi all

I'm a noob to this forum but not tree work; doing since late 70's - fek thats longer than I care to work out. Past ten years been contracts manager & consultant for own company (AAAC) - been self employed 25 years +.

Married kids dogs - into same **** as most of you see to be - bloke stuff, 4x4's, beer, guns, bikes, more bikes (buell) and other stuff.

Doing logging again after a decade lull coz its pikey; now its 'green' - but just for bike-beer money. Mainly consulting nowadays; logging is a nice contrast.

Talking of which the sun is out & I have gotta go do some - winters coming & my garage is bare!

Cheers

Bryn

We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

Winston Churchill

Welcome to the forum :thumbup: