Got wood

Dezel

Hi all, well i ballsed that up my username is supposed to be Denzel lol

Anyway a little intro, im a groundwork and planthire contractor up in NW. I have recently done a large site clearance project and as a result have ended up with a load of hardwood.

As i have not had much to do this week i have been cutting it all into rounds, it is yet to be split, i think (very approx) that i have around 30 cube.

Im just wondering how much is it worth? I am after selling it all as i have no use for that much timber, and i have nowhere to season it. I have interested parties...a local restaurant/country inn and a firewood supplier.

I know seasoned hardwood around here goes for around 100 quid a cube, im thinking unseasoned is not worth as much (even though the same graft had gone into it!) what should i realistically be expecting for this lot, i will split it if i have to get the best price.

Thanks for reading, regards Daniel.

Hi, it all depends on who you are going to sell it too! Ie if you are selling it to somebody else who sells firewood it would be around £10 a cube unsplit, it also depends on the timber and diameter if you cut it into rings large firewood producers will not be able to put it through a processor therefore would be sold as arb waste reducing the cost!. Where are you located?:001_smile:

Im in preston, jeez £10.00 a cube is not alot!

Some of the rounds are 4ft plus across there will be a good few tonne of those, Like i said id split it if i had too.

Im thinking i could sell it to the big country inn place for less than full retail, bit of a discount for a bulk load and a discount for unseasoned?

Or am i talking rubbish?

If split in cbm bags unseasoned you could ask for about £60-70 + delivery per cbm.

If in rings in cbm bags look for about £40-50+delivery per cbm

But then again you need to sell it at a price that someone is willing to buy it for. Try selling it to a firewood seller as they will be able to give you a reasonable price for the wood.

Hope this helps.

If split in cbm bags unseasoned you could ask for about £60-70 + delivery per cbm.

If in rings in cbm bags look for about £40-50+delivery per cbm

But then again you need to sell it at a price that someone is willing to buy it for. Try selling it to a firewood seller as they will be able to give you a reasonable price for the wood.

Hope this helps.

Where are you getting your prices from?? Firewood sold in rings or unseasoned is arb waste and as such is worth £20 a tonne end of!! If your selling it to the public then season and process it and draw what the market commands for it! Its not a hard concept but its everything inbetween that makes the job confusing.