How olds......too old:)

Silverwood

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be 59 at next count and still happiest way up in the top bits of a eucalyptus or similar but I met another arborist/climber in his sixties recently. He's thinking of retiring before he turns seventy! Can only say that I'm a little inspired.

I recently started climbing at 50. Age is not the problem. So far the biggest problem seems to be the music the younger lads want on the van radio! Chatting to my climbing and chainsaw assor he suggested that climbing is the last place for reprobates that have had alsorts of other jobs and have now found something they enjoy.

I,m 50 in one months time and I can get up a tree, get out to the tips, and bring it down fast and efficiently.

I get sometimes get frustrated when on the ground watching other climbers taking three times longer than it should take.

Climbing isn't about speed, it's about efficiency, efficient climbing and cutting can be extremely fast :biggrin:

That's not nice to talk about the grand kinds like that, grandpa:lol:

No its not exactley W/Yorks but Lowe maintanance training is very good, has a training centre in Settle loverly part of the dales, but he will also travel, reasonable prices, had a cs38 refresher course with Phil last year, great bloke..!

Im 44, but i keep getting reminded(by her indoors)that im too bloody old to be climbing trees lol.

Ive been taking on tree jobs and hiring in freelance climbers.

Its someting thats always interested me(climbing/arboriculture)and im seriously thinking

of getting my tickets.

Just dont want to be laughed off campus when i turn up and the course is full of hooded youths:)

Ive been doing a bit of climbing but know i really should be getting some training.

had a bit of a scare last week.gaffed out up top of a sycamore we were taking down and it scared the sh** right out of me.

my lines that night.........I AM NOT A CLIMBING ARBORIST

I AM NOT A CLIMBING ARBORIST

I AM NOT A CLIMBING ARBORIST :)

I'm 41 and I keep getting reminded (by her indoors) that I should climb faster to make more money!

:laugh1: