Thinking of going employed

David_chainsaw

Thanks every one for your input iv already been to that farm but he dont have any direct work but we got talk and hes got hedges and grass cutting he wants doing so iv got that and he then wants it done every 2-3 weeks so thanks for the idear harvey

Sent from my LG-D802 using Arbtalk mobile app

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Life has a nasty way of dealing out the cards, you have to make the best of the hand you're given.

If you need to cycle to work to get/keep a job, then do it. If you're going to be late, ring in ASAP and let the boss know, it's courtesy. If you're feeling ill for a day, let the boss know. Never assume everyone knows your situation, especially if they pay you.

Have you been around the local pubs, asking if they need the gardens tending, and likewise the big posh houses in your area? on a computer you could make up really nice flyers to drop in letter boxes that introduce you and help open doors. Put up a notice in local post offices, village shops and bus shelters. On e you get an opening, and do a good job, people will talk and will recommend you. Just beware, do a bad job or be unreliable and your bad name will spread even faster.

And finally, I've read through this entire thread, and all I see is people trying to help, encourage and advise you, yet you come back defensively and at times appear ungrateful. These are all people who may be in a position to change your life in some small way. You need others more than they need you, I hope you appreciate that small detail.

i know were you are coming from a friend is near to you and he has found it hard to find work due to location.

but as other posts if you are in debt you will not get any credit.

yor best bet is get that driving licence then your world is your oyster. you can then get a job pay off your debts save up getting tools then branch out on your own. if you want to earn some extra do grass cutting local.

being serous have a trailer to go on back of a bike so you can put a small mower in plus a few tools. soon be seen and you will gt people askingand word will get round. seen a window cleaner round these parts doing same

Aye there used to be 2 window cleaners round here that had bikes and trailers, think 1 had a modified wheel barrow too. Those big twin wheeled barrows u would be able to carry a mower and tools about ur village.

Would probably be a good advert as locals would see ur keen and give u a bit of work to help u out.

When i was a lad my mother had a trike and me and my bro used to get strapped on the back (on proper wee seats,not just tied down:001_tongue:) she had a wee trailer made for it and a big box for the back for when the kid seasts weren't on.

Was a great thing and surprising wot it would carry. Bloody scary going round corners/hills/bumps etc thou as used to face backwards on the seats.

Only half joking really. If I was looking for a foothold into this industry as the op is id happily cycle 25 miles to work.

Though if I did I'd be knackered! I'm fit enough for work. I'm nothing spectacular but I'm not slow either. Being a smoker though, cardio hits me hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

250miles cycling and 40+ hours of tree work in 5 days, for that to be realistic i'd say have a shot at the olympics :thumbup::laugh1: