Just a gardener now, who was a carpet cleaner

padman

I think 250 per man is a push for 8 hours an example of what I would quote is £150 for each man for eight hours then add on a waste disposal fee, if someone quibbles how much said fee is tell them can dispose of the waste themselves.... Either way you win

I like that idea. The trips to the tip which I reckon in my 8x5 trailer with us jumping on top of the waste will be x3 and its a 20 mile round trip to a tip that allows me in.

This of course will be on top of the 8 hours we spent in the customers garden as they never like you buggering off, even if it is to get rid of there waste :001_rolleyes:

So I think a price for the job and a price for shifting might be a idea.

Thanks again.

If I could go gardening at £500/day for a 2 man team I'm selling my chipper!!

Be realistic, £100-150 max per man plus your costs if you are on day rate. I am quite sure you won't be paying your assistant the full £100-150 so you will be pocketing some of that to cover the running of your vehicle. At £150 a day I would expect you running around like loonies all day.

It sounds like you are looking to use a public (i.e. no trade waste) tip so no costs there, are you insured included employers.

Would you pay £500 for 2 blokes to trim your hedge and cut the grass?

If I could go gardening at £500/day for a 2 man team I'm selling my chipper!!

Be realistic, £100-150 max per man plus your costs if you are on day rate. I am quite sure you won't be paying your assistant the full £100-150 so you will be pocketing some of that to cover the running of your vehicle. At £150 a day I would expect you running around like loonies all day.

It sounds like you are looking to use a public (i.e. no trade waste) tip so no costs there, are you insured included employers.

Would you pay £500 for 2 blokes to trim your hedge and cut the grass?

Ha ha its a awful lot more than hedge cutting. No grass cutting big borders to hand dig over as full of rocks which she wants shifting. I would pay my assistant a least a ton a day as with this job he would earn it. If you saw the job and the aggro I can see you would want mega bucks I am sure. Anyway I have gone in at £400 a day labour + extra for waste removal.

I am prety certain I will get the job now as no one else wants it so the son told me today.

no tip round my way would let me in with that size trailer mines 7x5 and thats a no no.Commercial site for me a lot easier and faster to tip.

Not sure for how much longer mind you as my local tip will not even let me in with my van :(

I have to travel to use this tip. What are you paying for a full 7x 5 trailer to empty at these commercial sites out if interest.

Edited by padman

• 1 year later...
Not sure for how much longer mind you as my local tip will not even let me in with my van :(

I have to travel to use this tip. What are you paying for a full 7x 5 trailer to empty at these commercial sites out if interest.

I think our local charges £10 a tonne for top soil or clean rubble. Or £120 tonne for mixed waste min 1 tonne charge so the bigger the trailer the better.