husqvarna saw prices uk vs usa

keeptrying

Ok so the saw isn't £330 against UK £550, its actually £330 plus £30 postage plus duty around £100.

Yes it's a bit cheaper but I think people need to get the prices correct before posting as it's misleading.

And if there is a problem and the company in the US say please send it back then you are looking at around £50 postage....

Doesnt look to good a deal now in my eyes...:001_huh:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Barry sorry for not responding earlier, work has kept me away from the computer.

its on ebay being sold by slee, I quoted the price they sell at, I didnt mean to be misleading in any way. Total cost with postage and import duties makes it £454.49 delivered to my door. I think in the age of a global economy retailers should be able to make a reasonable profit and still be competitive on pricing. Maybe I should be badgering Husqvarna UK to give you guys a better deal.

I take your point regarding any warranty claim, and and a 2 year warranty has a value that I haven't factored into the cost. I enjoy playing with engines so it's not as big a concern for me as it may be for others.

I'm happy to pay the £530 or so that some dealers are offering I just think that you should all be able to offer that price and still make a decent profit, after all I don't work for free and neither should you, as the customer I just want the best deal I can get so I can have my jetski and 40 foot yacht in the med.

Hi Barry sorry for not responding earlier, work has kept me away from the computer.

its on ebay being sold by slee, I quoted the price they sell at, I didnt mean to be misleading in any way. Total cost with postage and import duties makes it £454.49 delivered to my door. I think in the age of a global economy retailers should be able to make a reasonable profit and still be competitive on pricing. Maybe I should be badgering Husqvarna UK to give you guys a better deal.

I take your point regarding any warranty claim, and and a 2 year warranty has a value that I haven't factored into the cost. I enjoy playing with engines so it's not as big a concern for me as it may be for others.

I'm happy to pay the £530 or so that some dealers are offering I just think that you should all be able to offer that price and still make a decent profit, after all I don't work for free and neither should you, as the customer I just want the best deal I can get so I can have my jetski and 40 foot yacht in the med.

HI KEEP I'm sorry BUT £50 CHEAP THEN A UK DEALER I NO WERE IM GETTING SAWS FROM THATS THE UK WHAT IF THE SAW GOES T:TS UP MATE THANKS IT ONLY £50 THANKS JON

but wouldn't it be nice if we could buy the saw in the uk have the spare £50 to spend on beer and pies and the shop that sold it to you had made a fair profit.

HI KEEP LOOK AT IT THIS WAY THEN IF THE SAW GOES T;TS:lol: UP AND THEY DO 550/560XP:lol: AND YOUR ONLY SAVING £50:lol: YOUR NOT SAVING MONEY WHEN IT GOES T:TS UP AS THERES NO ONE WILL FIX IT HERE :lol:THEN ITS GOING TO BE £50:thumbdown: AS BARRY SAID SO IM SORRY NO DEAL FOR ME:thumbdown: IM OUT:thumbdown: THANKS JON :thumbup:

I can see both sides to this - dealer and consumer.

But what about the manufactures? It seems to me they are manipulating the market massively by offering dealers saws for different prices in different countries and then not offering the dealers any support as internet sales erode businesses built up over decades. Surely they could do more to support the dealers and offer a better deal to consumers?

But what about the manufactures? It seems to me they are manipulating the market massively by offering dealers saws for different prices in different countries and then not offering the dealers any support as internet sales erode businesses built up over decades. Surely they could do more to support the dealers and offer a better deal to consumers?

This is the point I was trying to make just not as eloquently as you have.

thankyou

Isn't that what Stihl are attempting to do with their sales policy?

I think thats global economics for you.

There are probably hundreds of reasons why saws are sold from the manufacture to the suppliers to the dealers at different prices worldwide.

No doubt the exchange rate is a big factor, volume of sales in a given country, cost of running the business(warehouses, staff salesperson network, advertising etc, etc) will be variable from country to country, what price that particular market will pay is probably another big factor, etc,etc,etc.

Not everything is more expensive in the UK, we get asked all the time to ship items to Australia, the USA, Europe etc because its cheaper to buy from here and ship it out.

Some stuff can be shipped but most suppliers stipulate that we can only sell to the UK market to try and combat the problems the above causes, ie this thread.

It just seems that there are lots of companies that either don't have this ruling from the suppliers in in their country or they dont abide by it.

Although when we get asked to send 200 harness out to Malaysia or Pakistan, all paid for by credit card so, you know its kosher:thumbup1: it is quite tempting.:laugh1: