Mitox CS36T Top Handle Chainsaw

Neil-R

Just got this in stock new mitox CS36T top handle , looks very good for the money , only £169 inc vat , comes with a oregon 12" bar & 91p chain .

Its fitted with a walbro carb and a fuel primer , started 2nd pull out of the box on Aspen , i must say i am impressed with the quality of finish and overall quality , it looks very similar to a popular japanese brand beginning with "E" shall we say and with a 2yr warranty you cant go wrong!!.

Has anyone here used one professionally if so i would be interested to hear your opinion.:thumbup:

59766888399f3_mitoxtophandle3.jpg.a6bd6379eb220de39c61f7d6c2d57933.jpg

5976688836dfb_mitoxtophandle2.jpg.54a72c07578be399e1b1ea5b3bec599f.jpg

597668882d860_mitoxtophandle1.jpg.34ff2b17eed45f41f92e18311258f78c.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not used the top handled one but have a 62cc on that I now run a 16" bar on. It goes well if you keep the air filter clean, the filter is crap so i have 5 so i can change them regularly. Just out of interest what material is the air filter made of on that one??

Be interested to know how it fairs after some proper work!

I have had these for a while Neil, and agree that it is a fine little saw and very underestimated. It is worth every penny of its £169 price tag.

But, its not a Stihl, or a Huskie. I have showed it, with great enthusiasm, to all my Pro tree customers, all of whom have smiled and lost interest within 30 seconds.

I have sold but one, and that was to a gardener, who is well pleased.

But, whilst not illegal to sell to a non qualified user, it is against the industry code of practice, and so also against my code of practice.

So for this reason I have refused to sell one to several interested gardeners, which is where the market lies.

Its a bit of a bitch doing things by the book!

The one that I did sell, was actually purchased by the guys mate who had his tickets. They exchanged ownership outside my shop.

Like I said though, its a good little saw and has a place with Pro users as their backup saw for when their 'reliable' Stihl goes wrong.

Sorry to rain on the parade, but I had one of these on trial a while back and is was cr.... rubbish. :thumbdown:

Primer bulb fell out within a week and wouldn't re-seat; wouldn't idle (despite being back at the dealer for a re-tune); front hand guard was a bit wobbly and AV was poor. I'm sure there was something else that went wrong which was the final straw for it going back. I know you can buy four of them for the price of a Husky or Stihl, but I think I'd spend the money (or at least a bit more money).

I do have a Mitox blower and have always been very happy with that, so I'm not just writing it off because it's a Mitox. Also was only using it for small stuff, not pushing its boundaries chogging down big stuff.

Be pleased to hear I just had a bad one, so let us know how you get on. :thumbup1:

friend has the 40cc and the big saw and can not fault them he works them every day in wood cutting a lot of coppice material. he says for £170 2 year warrenty how can he go wrong he knows for 2 years it will be fixed.

they do say the mitox is one of the best of the chinese brand.

maybe we have come used to buying the the two main brands and unwilling to try a new member. as its a good money and rather pay the extra knowing it is good. but then hear story of the main two playing up.

I reckon mitox are on the up. There are many companies trying to catch up with husky and stihl. But as the pro users are stuck with them and won't buy anything else as it is cheap and therefore must be rubbish.

Maybe with people not liking the 201t they may look into other makes. I would.

After all how can anyone say they don't like anything they havnt tried?

I made the decision earlier this week to stop stocking both Stihl and Huskie.

Its not that we sell many saws anyway, most are to domestic users, so we used to keep a MS181 and a huskie 140, as well as a few Mitox.

The Pro users know what they want and I get them to order, whether Stihl or Huskie.

But Huskie change their models so fast I can't keep up and domestic customers can never start a Stihl, so i was looking for something better.

I believe I have found it in Echo, the first two arrived for stock today so we will see how they go.

Mitox remains on the shelves as the cheaper alternative.