electro-hydraulic winches

Robbyrasta

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remote still needs to be fitted,

Thanks for help and advice.

Awesome, glad you are getting on well with it.

Out of interest, having not yet fitted the remote, how are you finding the unwinding with the corded control? Pain in the neck or OK?

With two ppl, its ok. But if you ever had to pull the cable out solo.. it would be a pain and near impossible.

Shames there's not a freewheel option (there might be, but i haven't worked it out).

With the remote- it means one person can be on the cable, and the other setting up pulleys, chokers, sat on the phone, havin a smoke.......

Remote is fitted now, and seems to work fine (haven't used it in the woods yet)

One tiny negative- its it seem like you have to turn the remote control off- which i think will be easy to forget after a day's work. (again it might turn off after a period of time, but i haven't noticed yet.)

With two ppl, its ok. But if you ever had to pull the cable out solo.. it would be a pain and near impossible.

Shames there's not a freewheel option (there might be, but i haven't worked it out).

With the remote- it means one person can be on the cable, and the other setting up pulleys, chokers, sat on the phone, havin a smoke.......

Remote is fitted now, and seems to work fine (haven't used it in the woods yet)

One tiny negative- its it seem like you have to turn the remote control off- which i think will be easy to forget after a day's work. (again it might turn off after a period of time, but i haven't noticed yet.)

AFAIK you hold down the outfeed on either remote for four seconds to give you freel spool. Instruction manual?

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1397666937.858765.jpg.3677ffcbe2fe76b9cae83bbed792f968.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1397666959.191017.jpg.123b8c92d28521440a812983ab8009c2.jpg

Getting used to the winch now.

Thanks to who ever suggested getting pulley, re directs make it soo much more versatile.

One question- on the cable there is a round metal coin thingy- should the sliders be hook side or winch( drum) side of this coin. (Is it to protect hook or the infeed part?)

Or should i have two?

[ATTACH]153818[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]153819[/ATTACH]

Getting used to the winch now.

Thanks to who ever suggested getting pulley, re directs make it soo much more versatile.

One question- on the cable there is a round metal coin thingy- should the sliders be hook side or winch( drum) side of this coin. (Is it to protect hook or the infeed part?)

Or should i have two?

The biscuit should be winch side of the sliders; it's supposed to knock off the infeed if it touches the sensor on the unwinder assuming you have one. Downside is it runs down the cable and does this before the timber is up to the plate so you have to run and fling it back down the cable! Think the sensor on ours in knackered now anyway!

I was always told not to skid logs on the winch cable as it's bad for the drum break.

As TCD said the cookie should be winch side as it stop the pull if it knocks the little plunger sensor on the winder.

It's a tidy looking winch. I've finally managed to find the pulling limit of the 9.5 tonne winch. Stalled the tractor trying to drag this very large lump of Ash.