The NEW schliesing 235MX - Demo tour

Craig Wilkie

£25K for that a brand name will only get you so far , Does it come with a life time warranty ?

A lucky tree company could be on @ 25-30 % ish profit margin

so that a hell of a lot of trees to cut down to make £25K

I'd want it to do the climbing & clear up after itself for that kind of money ,, ridiculous ! imo

Edited by Yorkshireman

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've used Timberwolf chippers in the past (Entec as they were then) and more modern ones, and if I have a choice it would be the Schliesing any day. Many a day fighting blackthorn and hawthorn thru that pathetically inadequate hopper is enough to make a grown man cry. Saying that, they are excellently marketed, superb back-up and made just down the road from me. But for me the Schliesing range has the edge, certainly as a hired in machine. But in these tight times, the cost is the main consideration.

You know the best thing Andy leave the blackthorn to numpties, nice slender snedded poles go nicely through a TW and go through gateways and past conservatories so much easier too..:001_smile:

They say its the Euro....

Its not the Euro. Thats a valuable currency. Its our £ that is weak. No one wants it so it has no value. Now we are technically printing money as well, it will probably get even lower. Good for export (If we actually made anything worth exporting) but bad for anything imported. Unfortunately thats about 95% of the goods we buy!!!!!!!!!:scared1:

If you think the above chippers expensive the 220 tracked I seem to remember being quoted around 45k plus another several thousand for variable tracks.............:scared1: you need some work to make that earn, bloody hell my new lorry was only around 25k............

The pounds weak, but even so!!

Edited by Lee Winger

The only thing I can say to this is, Its only expensive if you havn't got the money for one ! Most people who have used a schliesing machine would never go back to another machine. I think there is a place for every make and model of chipper out there, it just depends on budget. If I offered you any make or model of chipper for nothing, what machine would you choose ? Exactly, its down to the schillings in your pocket !

The only thing I can say to this is, Its only expensive if you havn't got the money for one ! Most people who have used a schliesing machine would never go back to another machine. I think there is a place for every make and model of chipper out there, it just depends on budget. If I offered you any make or model of chipper for nothing, what machine would you choose ? Exactly, its down to the schillings in your pocket !

fair enough, given the choice, wed also all be driving round in brand new unimogs, using whole tree chippers, and using ferraris to quote-that aint gonna happen!

start the sales pitch and sell it to us! whats it got that its rivals havent? a name, a picture and a high price tag doesnt sell, and doesnt make me rush to the schliesings homepage!

I believe its not arrogance when in the statement I also said there is a place in the markret for all chipper brands and it does come down to schillings in your pocket as with every purchase in life. All be it a skoda or farrari if you can only afford the skoda then a skoda it is.......... and i drive a skoda:001_tt1:

fair enough, given the choice, wed also all be driving round in brand new unimogs, using whole tree chippers, and using ferraris to quote-that aint gonna happen!

start the sales pitch and sell it to us! whats it got that its rivals havent? a name, a picture and a high price tag doesnt sell, and doesnt make me rush to the schliesings homepage!

As in the title of this thread the NEW SCHLIESING 235mx Demo tour, the reason for this tour is, so that guys that havn't used them can without parting with any money and make up there own minds.