Revisiting trees..?

Rich Rule

• 1 month later...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rich, nice thread mate and nice reduction on that plane too, it's looking great in leaf. Dave dont you love the aesthetics of heavy regrowth? There is a park next to wimbledon art college with 6-10 mature and heavily topped pops with around 7 years regrowth and they look awesome. If you are ever in the vicinity.... Thank jesus that I dont have to climb them though!

You've inspired me to go and do some revisits.:001_smile:

Edited by softbankhawks
spullinng again

Hi Rich, nice thread mate and nice reduction on that plane too, it's looking great in leaf. Dave dont you love the aesthetics of heavy regrowth? There is a park next to wimbledon art college with 6-10 mature and heavily topped pops with around 7 years regrowth and they look awesome. If you are ever in the vicinity.... Thank jesus that I dont have to climb them though!

You've inspired me to go and do some revisits.:001_smile:

Don't get sarf of the river too often Paul, but will keep an eye on the oportunity if and when it arises :001_smile:

Although the most unatural of Tree management options, a heavily reduced/topped beast that then has the dynamics to put on and generate enough photosynthetic action sustainably, is one of the true wonders of nature.

The epitome of resiliance & rebirth.

Waver - dont top ya trees, t'aint what the grand design had in mind :sneaky2:

[quote name=Although the most unatural of Tree management options, a heavily reduced/topped beast that then has the dynamics to put on and generate enough photosynthetic action sustainably, is one of the true wonders of nature.

The epitome of resiliance & rebirth.[/quote]

I was down at wimbledon submitting an artwork for the drawing show and it struck me while I was gobbling my ice-cream than I don't look at trees like I did. It is really hard to not think about biology and physics and of course the matter of climbing around them bloody long and weak poles. For a moment I was transported to life before arboriculture. Guess I'll never be the same again...:001_smile:

I enjoyed seeing the different pruning styles while in Atlanta. It seems that they tend to thin heavier than we would but never crown reduce. Tall trees out there though, nothing like in Essex..

I think that there should be an emphasis toward pruning excellence at the arb shows. I am really tired of seeing ****** crown reductions. But of course you would win the award every year Dave!:001_cool:

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Happened to be working around the corner from a plane tree a couple of us reduced 2 and a half years ago.

Thought I'd get a snap and try and bring this thread to life again...:thumbup:

Original tree. Reduced tree and 2 and half years of regrowth.

5976575e7d7ef_plane2andhalfylater.jpg.f70f416aff138904be55acb204df931f.jpg

5976575e7aa78_planeafter.jpg.d2862aab3a30b66cdcc8619a561c1520.jpg

Photo-0012.jpg.e1d552b682879885e1ee93058903a295.jpg