Revisiting trees..?

Rich Rule

How many of you revisit trees you have worked on? i am sure those in business for a few years will no doubt have worked on the same trees a number of times. or you could just pass them on a regular basis. I reckon it can be beneficial as you can see the effect the work you have carried out has had on the tree. it could have been minor or major work but it has had an effect one way or another.

I worked on some trees the other day that I first did 5 years ago and it was interesting to see the effect of pruning. some of them hadn't grown back hairier than a dog's arse! ( but some of them had :scared1:)

anyway here is one to start it off, I passed a plane tree near my gaff today. I reduced it a while back that is now coming into leaf so i snapped a couple of shots. fair enough not really enought time has passed to really see the effects but thought it would be a good idea for a thread. I know MonkeyD has a few pic of before and after shots of various methods of treatment. so anyone else got anything to show how the trees have reacted?

post away.:001_cool:

IMG_0268.jpg.ea0b89ba2757aaa5b65bd76af8938cbc.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg.d1ab68e4c6a45a118990b0afebbcb308.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg.17cf4d894c6e19c38f00f0f594f2df5b.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg.76877149c0327562f8649d6f0ca48843.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. I know MonkeyD has a few pic of before and after shots of various methods of treatment. so anyone else got anything to show how the trees have reacted?

:

Great idea for a thread Rich. :001_smile:

Does this mean I'm not allowed to play though :sad:

Very nice work, btw

Nothing better than seeing the result of a pruning job imo. I go out of my way when I head home just to have a look see how trees I have done are getting along. Good to take pride in your work and enjoy the outcome! Its really not like any other job and I just wish more people would sit back understand, appreciate and marvel at the skills and balls we all have to do what we do!!! Also nice pics mate!

Great idea for a thread Rich. :001_smile:

Does this mean I'm not allowed to play though :sad:

Fire away, the more the merrier IMO even coronets :001_tongue:

I am sure you and John Hancock have a catalogue of shots showing the regen. or decline of a tree over the years.

I often pass trees that I may have worked on 20+ years ago. Always interesting to keep an eye on things even if they're trees you've never worked on.

Occasionally get a phone call from someone whos trees I worked on many years ago and you never forget them!

in the interest of helping Rich get the thread rolling a bit more, (plus the fact I'm an attachment addict :blushing:) here's the Fulham Oak (some may not have seen :sneaky2:) we fracture retrenched back in Jan o8.

1st pre work Dec 07

2nd during Jan 08

3rd early flush May 08

4th Oct 08

Will go and get an update next week

P9220010.jpg.f65a8c7b20562d41058cfff48b230a69.jpg

P5060084.jpg.a6fc32f40d71278ca754a54e6330c905.jpg

P12300101.jpg.8127f551a5424548dd12cc468118fce2.jpg

PB060017.jpg.acf757953859d3880f65ed05ed482266.jpg

Did some reuction and thinning work on a big silver lime in a church yard back in febuary, went back this week for some other work and the tree was in leaf and looking top!!! we ate our dinner admiring our handy work (sad int'it :001_smile:) Im back there this week so will post pics for anybody remotely interested :001_tongue:

DannyT - snap and post away. there are plenty of people out there snap happy with the cam's, so let's see some more pic's. :sneaky2:

If anyone has pic's over quite a few years all the better. I remember a website years ago from the Univerity of Florida Hort and Arb dept. (sadly no longer online) It showed and detailed the effect of various pruning techniques. e.g going back 5-6 year later and see that trees that had been lions tailed and resulting in end weight on the branch compromising the structure of the unions lower down the canopy.