whats wrong with 261 c-m?

Hotrod81

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine was s bag of crap from new.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app

All very well and good saying it was crap, but what exactly was wrong with it. So many people say it's crap it's crap but never give details.

Thanks

Clutch problem's as normal! Been re built twice and its no better. Cuts out when chain break is applied.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app

Thanks. Great thing about arbtalk is folk will share their experiences when asked. It is appreciated.

Contemplating buying one of these but can't seem to find any feedback on them. There is plenty for the standard carb model which seems to be a marmite saw. Love it or hate it. Now before everyone starts with the get a 550 advice I know these are great as I have used one on number occasions. However husky dealers are very poor compared to my local Stihl one and that makes a big difference to my thinking. Any help and advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

It is really sad that you don't have a good Husky or Jonsered dealer, as the bulky and clumcy handling MS261 doen't compare very well....:sad:

Trigger response is know to be slow as well on the MS261.

Edited by SawTroll

The 261 is getting a bit of a bad rap in this forum, IMHO

Bad rap , or should that be rep ( reputation ) ? Whatever . Thing is people call it as they see it . If some one has a 261 that never lets them down they are going to big it up . Conversely if some one has one that goes through clutch bearing on a weekly basis and wont idle and keeps cutting out they are going to slag it off . Human nature .....:001_smile:

Bad rap , or should that be rep ( reputation ) ? Whatever . Thing is people call it as they see it . If some one has a 261 that never lets them down they are going to big it up . Conversely if some one has one that goes through clutch bearing on a weekly basis and wont idle and keeps cutting out they are going to slag it off . Human nature .....:001_smile:

I did mean "bad rap", as in "a negative and often undeserved reputation"

stuff i just learned: Bad Rap vs. Bad Rep

People that are happy with their saw are less likely to be vocal about it here, whereas people that are unhappy are. It is difficult to tell what the actual problem ratio with the MS 261 is by looking at negative posts. Most of us knows that some 261's have problems with the needle bearing, and it is not as quickly accelerating as the Husky 346/550. The more saws get sold of a certain model, the more negative feedback will be reported on it. In my book, the MS 261 is NOT a bad saw, and while I prefer the 346 XP for snedding, I prefer the 261 for cross cutting/firewood.

Rightly or wrongly I bought the 261 today. Only time will tell if I made the right decision. I am happy with my choice for a couple of reasons. It seems to fit me a little better than the 550 and more importantly the local stihl dealer is top notch.

Thanks for everyone's views. I guess I will wait and see what happens.

Rightly or wrongly I bought the 261 today. Only time will tell if I made the right decision. I am happy with my choice for a couple of reasons. It seems to fit me a little better than the 550 and more importantly the local stihl dealer is top notch.

Thanks for everyone's views. I guess I will wait and see what happens.

Good luck ,fella.

I will let you know when mine breaks.

Running very well so far,easy starting and quick cutting.:sneaky2: