Does anyone tow a trailer with a telehandler ?

gensetsteve

Sorry to be the pooper in all this, but no one has mentioned despite telehandlers having drawbars fitted it is illegal, because they are classed as mobile cranes. Not allowed to tow on highway. Think about insurance being invalid, It wont be long before the self funding VOSA cash in on this fact. This has been law for many years. All it takes is a fatality, public outcry, then the hate campaign. The noose will tighten.

thats only the arctic types such as jcb tm range or manitou mla series sideboom 4 wheel steer are ag machines no different to a combine spfh or sprayer

Have you looked at the Merlo multifarmer can tow 20 tonnes.

http://merlo.co.uk/images/pdf/multifarmer.pdf

I see those when they came out about 10 years ago. I dont think I have ever seen a used one for sale. They look a good machine are they as reliable and easy to repair as a jcb.

On paper you would not buy anything else tows 20 tonnes and can do 40k when solo. Could also use it to flail our hedges.

I see those when they came out about 10 years ago. I dont think I have ever seen a used one for sale. They look a good machine are they as reliable and easy to repair as a jcb.

On paper you would not buy anything else tows 20 tonnes and can do 40k when solo. Could also use it to flail our hedges.

HI STEVE theres a dealer over near bristol what has older ones he sales new one to lot of farmers here run them on large trailer thanks jon :thumbup:

thats only the arctic types such as jcb tm range or manitou mla series sideboom 4 wheel steer are ag machines no different to a combine spfh or sprayer

I maybe wrong but I believe type approved is different to and not recognised in law, as law is archaic and has to go through parliament etc. Also your link is not a uk webpage, I havn't bothered to verify this as its not something I intend to do.