Pricing Hedges!

Ian C

Don't know about you chaps but i always have problems pricing hedges, whats everyone else do? have you a formular say by the meter or hourly etc.

I don't mean 30ft conny's reduced by half, thats easy enough, half day or full day and multiples of, what i mean is the ave domestic conny/privet 6/8ft hedge or does every one take a stab in the dark:scared1: any help would be good.

hay chap our hedges are priced by day rates get a figure in your head that you need to make a day and go from there some times a hedge can take a day or we do two or three a day day make up your day rate hope this helps :001_smile:

Cant say there is a formula for hedges, i suppose i estimate how long its going to take and work it back from there, adding on for rubbish. Think some people get a bit funny if you do it quick, if you use the right equipment. But most people seem to be glade there not doing it themselves. Last year i brought a echo pole saw with hedge cutter attachment which speeded thing up no end.

I price by the hour for "gardening work" I doing one today in which I told him it would be cheaper to get a gardener to do it because I would have to charge him 3 hours at £60 per hour which I thought was rather expensive for a bit of hedge trimming.

He said no thats fine, I've been quote £350 by a "gardener" :scared1:

I kid you not, it's trimming a bit of an awkward hedge in flower beds thats all, most of the time is cleaning up

would be cheaper to get a gardener to do it because I would have to charge him 3 hours at £60 per hour which I thought was rather expensive for a bit of hedge trimming.

Christ Dean, 180 quid for a bit of hedge cutting, you must have some rich or daft clients, wouldn't get that round here, would laff at ya then set the dog on ya:scared1:

would be cheaper to get a gardener to do it because I would have to charge him 3 hours at £60 per hour which I thought was rather expensive for a bit of hedge trimming.

Christ Dean, 180 quid for a bit of hedge cutting, you must have some rich or daft clients, wouldn't get that round here, would laff at ya then set the dog on ya:scared1:

You get what you pay for.

It took me exactly the 3 hours I quoted, the bloke was a very keen gardener and had some expensive plants, he said when the guy came to give hime the first quote, he tramped all over the garden without even looking where he was placing his feet.

He was absolutely chuffed to peices, the hedge was only 30ft long but was very awkward being on a slope and flowerbeds below with unusual flowers in them.

I left leaving the place spotless and not one flower head broken. The guy was chuffed to peices with the job