Green Mech Arb 150 v's Forst ST6

Will C

Guessing by that post are you in a similar situation - have you done any research etc/had any experience with either? So far the service from both parties has been top notch which isn't helping the situation lol, just hope its top chip as well!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

worth pointing out that having a main dealer based on the island could save you a fair amount of money over the life of the machine.

Think everyone will agree that any type of machine will break down at somepoint but having to get the boat over to you may be costly and not a speedy service.

GM is -750kg which maybe a big factor for you? Worth checking to make sure your going to be 100% legal if purchasing a Forst at near on a tonne and remember to factor in having a full load of material, people and any other kit you may carry.

I had to do my trailer license and run a Tacho so I can move bigger stuff behind my Isuzu D-Max...

Edited by .Ash.

Weight isn't an issue for us for towing as have my trailer licence, it does however come into it for easier maneuverability when driveways etc aren't easy to get into.

Managed to get done a bit earlier today so have had some time out, and managed to have some lengthy conversations with a certain rep or two - all have been incredibly helpful and for once not smarmy sales man! Looking forward to trying them both next week, especially now I am armed with my lists of pro's and con's.

Keep your opinions/views coming - its good to read them. :)

I spoke to Carl at forst yesterday about a tracked machine they have built them there selves from ground up and reckon they out preform jensen on build quality and chipping speed and we all no how good jensens are! I've got my brochour coming then hopefully get a demo booked in

Thanks IC Trees. Anyone else?

We have had both the Forst ST6 and the Greenmech Arb 150 out on demo's this week, unfortunately not at the same time.

Got to say after all that has been said by people on here and everywhere else we were extremely surprised. It is a really tough call.

The Forst definitely wins hands down on how quick it chips but you can only feed a machine so quickly. Unfortunately the machine we used had a rather strange hopper on it (at the owners request) so we are off on Monday to try one with a proper one on :lol: And see if that makes a difference to useablility! :thumbup:

The Greenmech amazed us to be honest, it was extremely user friendly, and very nice to tow. Its biggest plus point over the Forst is definitely the quietness of it, it made a big difference in the communication side of things between the groundy and me up the tree. Being a lighter machine it was very easy to manhandle, especially when the job we were on for the day was up a steep hill and a narrow driveway so the machine had to be hand wheeled in. But is it being that much lighter compromised in the longevity of the machine? :confused1: The bearings are smaller than in a forst but do they need to be as big when they aren't worked as hard by the discs as blades? The list goes on........

We have a pro's and con's list for both but to be honest it is so close we could toss a coin over it at the moment. Hopefully that will change by Monday as its becoming a real head ache now for us and the salesman :blushing:

If you own either of these machines and could let us know your honest opinions of them both please do either on this thread or by message - it would be greatly appreciated - as you are the users and ones with experience of them.

I am in the same boat here, I have had a gm 150 all weekend on demo and we are having the forst on Wednesday for a demo, I honestly don't know what to think of the green mech it's new, looks great but wonder if it will still be working as well in 10 years time. I have used timberwolf 150 for the last 10 years and i know they are still going strong today even after that amount of time, the green mech will out chip the timberwolf on awkward branches all day, just the timberwolf seems a little more solid, I know your not asking about the timberwolf, but I have not used the forst yet so can't comment but will after I have used it, like you say spending that sort of money on a new chipper is something you only want to do once in the next ten years so it needs to be the right one,