Green teeth hours...

Ty Korrigan

I'll try asking here instead.

To those who are using Greenteeth.

How many hours on average are you getting from them?

I turn my fairly frequently and charge enough to cover this.

I have been keeping a record recently and find I'm getting 12 hours from a set.

How does this compare with other users experience?

Also, how does this compare with other types of teeth?

Regards

Ty

Do you sharpen them?

Do you think your machine has the grunt to run the 900 series if so you will get so much more out of a set I find the 700 wear so quickly

I used to run three machines one with the7's one with the9's and one with the 11's the 7's wear really fast.

If you only get 12 hours out of a set that is a very large operating cost.

Hello,

No, I don't sharpen the teeth.

I read up on how to do it and it is quite a laborious and dirty job as well as generating a toxic dust.

Again today, I arrived at 4 hours before turning the teeth.

I could go on longer but then I would be burning fuel needlessly and time IS money too!

Regards

Ty

To sharpen,or not sharpen,you need to do your sums on the time it is going to take you. As for toxic dust you are a bit mixed up there the teeth do not give off anything harmfull it is a green grit wheel or silicone carbide wheel that gives off the dust as you do the sharpening,nowadays most use a diamond wheel that does not contain anything nasty,and if anyone is still useing a green wheel they are living in the dark ages. As for taking a long time I can do a set of 12 teeth in the time it takes me to drink a small bottle of beer,which is what I normally do when I am sharpening. :thumbup1:

Yep the greenteeth the cost to set up a sharpening system could be about£200 so you may find it not cost effective,have you thought about running the900 teeth? The cutting edge is a lot bigger and on my machines lasted a lot longer than the 700 but I don't know if bandit would recommend them on your machine the hp could be a bit low it would be nice if you could get one set of 900 and try them talk to dean at global I am not sure if they both fit the same holders.

I think if you go into that much depth working out how your green teeth wear and how many percent they wear over how long etc then you must have too much time on your hands:) when they are blunt you can tell, give em a turn. When all 3 sides are worn, sharpen or replace. That's all there is to it. Get out and enjoy life mate.:)