Split Oak – Pictures with music!

John Hancock

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice job & nice pics, love letting the apprentices climb, especially on reductions, i tell them i'm in charge, your my tool, now go get out on the end of that limb:ohmy:, keep going, out a bit more:scared1:, just a bit further now

its people like you that teach trainee climbers the importance of getting right out on the tips, which is crap if its you climbing, but when you get down and see how good the tree looks its all well worth it :thumbup1: keep it up :001_smile:

I've had no end of problems with this trailer towing issue...

If you actually go into it all and research it you will find that most chippers can be towed completley legally with something like a double cab pick up depending on the GVM etc.

I lost a job a few months back because of this issue, which I was annoyed about because it would have been worth a fair bit of money, so I looked into it and then took the evidence to the contract manager and made him eat his words.

I believe I found all the info I needed on the direct gov site.. if I can find the link i'll post it up later, but ou can deffinatley tow a Jensen 540T with a plant trailer on a Mitsubishi L200, all the weight worked out just slightly under the GVM limmit.

way didn't you use a mewp for the take down given the safe drop zone ?

Using the MEWP just wouldn’t have been fun on that job, plus Tom needs all the experience he can get at the moment.

We’re using the MEWP this week in the middle of Worcester High Street. There is a row of Norway Maples right in the middle of the pedestrianised area. Spec for the job is to reduce the crowns 2 metres away from the buildings – Ideal tool for the job in this case! :001_smile:

I believe I found all the info I needed on the direct gov site.. if I can find the link i'll post it up later, but ou can deffinatley tow a Jensen 540T with a plant trailer on a Mitsubishi L200, all the weight worked out just slightly under the GVM limmit.

Please can you show me the link and your maths that worked that out? I'm not arguing with you but I can't get the figures to add up to legal on B licence passed after 1/1/97?