tirfor tu8

william127

Does anyone use i tirfor tu8? Are they up to doing things like pulling a lightly bogged land rover or trailer out or draging 3/4 of a tonne logs up ramps onto a trailer?

I have an electric winch on the land rover and have permant acess to a tu35 but would quite like a small one to keep in the tractor to avoid having to do the walk of shame and for general back garden/woodland/constrution work.

thanks, william.

Does anyone use i tirfor tu8? Are they up to doing things like pulling a lightly bogged land rover or trailer out or draging 3/4 of a tonne logs up ramps onto a trailer?

I have an electric winch on the land rover and have permant acess to a tu35 but would quite like a small one to keep in the tractor to avoid having to do the walk of shame and for general back garden/woodland/constrution work.

thanks, william.

Many threads on this in the past . The ideal winch for this application would be a 1600kg winch . This would suit most applications :001_smile:

My 1600kg Tifor goes every where with me . Just in case ; )

I have two of the small Tirfors (one is a T800 and one a TU8) and rate them both highly.

Bear in mind that they are rated for lifting and an 800kg lift capacity (at 5:1 safety factor) makes them comparable to most vehicle electric winches typically of 2000kg (at 2:1, since vehicle winches are not rated for lifting).

If I could only have one Tirfor, it would probably be a 1600Kg one, but the small ones are so portable and light that I find I am reaching for one more often than any of the larger sizes.

I have an 800kg ACE tirfor clone which gets used almost everyday.

It is light enough that it can be carried into most woodland sites.

But I also have a 1600kg tirfor that sits in the van 'just in case'.

If you get the 800kg winch get one of these to go with it:

3" 2 Ton Lightweight Heavy Duty Snatch Block Swivel Hook - Lifting Pulley | eBay

Can be used to double the pulling power so allows the little winch to haul bigger timber.