RE Twitter & Facebook

New Boy

Hi ,

Could anyone lend me a opinion on the basics of Twitter and Facebook and how its benefited your businesses? I have never joined any of them, mainly due to being a technophobe & old age, are they simple to use once you get your head around them?

I am not expecting business to roll in however i would like to move with the times rather than avoid what may be a good asset!!

Thanks all.

New Boy

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it got me plenty of work last year (facebook) fairly self explanatory good to get to a vast amount of people very quickly i own a landscaping/tree surgery im hoping to get ore tree work now i have all the relevant certs and gear i concentrated on the landscaping last year so good things out of face book i would recommend it pm me if you are inrested and i will show you my website on facebook

Work has been very slack recently. I did a fencing job early this week, took some pics and posted them on Facebook. Within an hour I had 3 enquiries, within a day I have recieved another 5 people wanting quotes! You do get the odd enquirey that leads nowhere because its so easy to contact you through Facebook, so expext the odd timewaster but on the whole I would reccomend it!

Having strong ties between your website and social networks increases your websites quality scores and often results in higher 'organic' search results on google (the ones you don't have to pay for)

It also doesn't hurt to add other local business' and raise local awareness of your service/brand!

There are other threads on facebook on here already.

However, I use my work page almost daily to keep it fresh and relevant. I have installed the like box onto my main website which takes the news feed and places it real time into the website page. This keeps the site updated and shows the variety of work we do (gardening, trees and landscaping).

As to starting out a page, firstly get it set up correctly - include your location in the settings to benefit from local searches. To build an audience quickly encourage people in your family and friends circle, and existing clients, to interact and 'like' the page. This is called working your warm list. Given that usually these people are in your area it gives you access to their friends circles - as long as those people who have liked your page like the posts, photo's etc and then this comes up in their friends news feed as 'john commented on this:'

Making it go viral is a hard task for anyone within our industry, it does depend on the demographic you are attempting to reach. I believe in the next 10 years facebook will be even more relevant as a resource to find goods and services than now as the up and coming younger generation who sit on their phones become your customers.

In short, facebook is not the be all and end all but its a tool to use.

I recently got on Google plus, Linked In as well as having a youtube channel and facebook. If this brings any work or benefit it is yet to be seen but giving people that option is always of benefit to the wider audience.