Willing to do voluntary work

David_chainsaw

Hello David_chainsaw.

Give folks a little time to digest your posts and be patient. Things don't change overnight or for that matter in a week. If you want to work it will come as the weather improves. There will be mowing and the odd hedge trimming job that you could do. Everyone starts somewhere even if it is with a pair of old shears! They were the only thing before petrol hedge-trimmers, don't forget that.

If you see anyone in your area, ask if they want a hand....show willing and I bet before long you will get some day long jobs.

Don't fret that you haven't transport, I'm sure you can ride a bicycle, that gives you a ten+ mile radius to look for jobs. Forget driving a chain-saw for now 'till you have a steady work stream then see if you can afford the CS tickets as they are NOT cheap!

Operating a keyboard is another SKILL.....Don't rush that either. As has been said there's spell check and other aids there to help you....:thumbup:

codlasher

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David,you have no tickets, cant drive and no experience, but you have the desire to work in arb. Very few people are going to give you a chance as you've found out, get a job, any job minimum wage , save your money, take your tickets and driving test and come back in a couple of years, im being realistic mate.

David,

I have just googled "Swaffam County Council Volunteering" have a look and see if theres anything that may suit and provide you with an opening, also i noticed a gardening add on this site.

I agree with the advice that Steve and others have provided, sure you are in a frustrating position at this stage but its one you can defiantly alter if you approach your ambitions from a different angle to achieve them? Maybe step back, reassess and try a new approach and sees what happens, either way good luck.

New Boy

i have taken jobs mate after paying bills i'm skint again and don't need tickets for just cleaning and bits like that and no I don't drive your right but i have offered to pay petrol and no i don't have tickets but i'm not a retard I know if a tree is being felled not to stand right on top of it people just fob me off with utter bull to be fair there's some really nice people on here but then there is some damn right rude people who think there better than everyone else im just sick of it jackdaw im 24 on 5 March mate

Hi David,

Have you considered maybe teaming up with someone (a friend or family member) that may be in a similar position to you, strength in numbers is often a good way to approach new goals/ambitions etc, also others may have connections that you could both investigate and hold different qualities that could broaden both of your opportunities? Just a thought.

Also regardless of your own experience in the Arb world your services at whatever level you provide them shouldn't in my opinion go unpaid or unrewarded (sponsorship on the various courses you wish to attend). You, like the rest of us have bills to pay and family commitments to maintain. Good luck to you.

Regards

New Boy

i have taken jobs mate after paying bills i'm skint again and don't need tickets for just cleaning and bits like that and no I don't drive your right but i have offered to pay petrol and no i don't have tickets but i'm not a retard I know if a tree is being felled not to stand right on top of it people just fob me off with utter bull to be fair there's some really nice people on here but then there is some damn right rude people who think there better than everyone else im just sick of it jackdaw im 24 on 5 March mate

Hey dude

Feeling your frustration as I am in quite a similar situation myself apart from a few years experience in arb from sub contracting here there and everywhere.

Its difficult trying to reach out in the arb world as there are so many people willing to work for nothing just for experience and a possible foot in the door, but one thing I have noticed is the amount of knock backs so many training arbs get, but to be fair taking a bite out of that slice of humble pie really does help.

Having been told by other arbs before there is a fine line between eager and pushy type into google-funding for training there opportunitys to get funded for nptc courses tickets really will help show your knowledge of te industry

Best of luck mate

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Arbtalk mobile app

David, im going to be brutal. You sound like a chav, mate this, and mate that. You sound pushy and pissed off that nobody is helping you. almost like somebody on here owes you a break.

Now, that aside i can tell that you are exceptionally keen and willing to do almost anything to get your foot in the door. like previous posters i think youve got to treat every post you make on here like it is a job application, I know you are dyslexic but spend a minute or two thinking about what you write on any forum, spell check etc can help a lot but if your aim is to find work you need to focus on your positives in a positive way not like you are talking to your mate down the boozer.

I was fortunate enough to be made redundant so had a bit of cash to get set up but i still had to get an affordable mower, strimmer, hedgetrimmer and put these tools to work and bit by bit they paid for themselves and then started making me a bit more , which i started getting better gear and then this, if well managed can become a sustainable and profitable little enterprise.

David, i completely understand your frustrations and please dont take my opening paragraph the wrong way. Your enthusiasm and willingness to learn will eventually be an asset to somebodys gang.

Good luck la (im a chav too, only were scallies up in Birkenhead)