Revolutionary British-made log mill product launched

john the saw

Not quite - I'm thinking along the lines of using the saw on the tree (exactly where it is felled) rather than taking the tree to the saw.

If that makes sense?

Working alone so nothing too bulky/heavy.

This is where the Alaskan excels..... being truly portable.

But the downside of the Alaskan is the wide kerf of the chain & thus, the speed of cut.

Hi steve,

Yes i understand and agree. The Transformer is primarily intended to be a static machine but designed to be reasonably quick and easy to change location. That is different to being portable i agree. I guess that there are pros and cons with most things and accept that no machine can be all things to all people. Thanks for your post. John - Silverclaw.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be seen as a little harsh by some but also some truely invaluable constructive criticism. John can and I'm sure will take some of the advice and criticisms given here and work to further develop his product. Without the brutally honest answers and comments given here he would not have such a broad spectrum of views and a better idea of his target market.

For myself as a furniture maker and joiner (aswell as Steve I'm sure) this machine seems to sit somewhere between a big old rack saw and a workshop ripsaw. I can cut 225mm on my saw with a 3 metre sliding carriage, not too different from the Silverclaws ability. But then I wouldn't use my saw for cutting logs but could get another for rough work for a couple of grand. Or pick up a new Hud son Oscar bandsaw mill for less money than a new Silverclaw.

Interested to see the extent of the portability as for me this is it's major selling point at present. Everything else can more or less already be done with existing products.......

Hi stompey,

I completely agree with your first paragraph and am grateful that you guys take the time to post. I agree with your other comments as well - pros and cons as with most things in life. As i said earlier, the Transformer is primarily intended to be a static machine but designed to be reasonably quick and easy to set up and take down. I suppose one scenario would be to set it up in a place of work for a few days and then move it on. We would not describe it as portable. With respect to other equipment being out there that can do similar things, i agree entirely. We have just tried (and succeeded in our view) to produce a handy machine that can do a variety of things quickly, easily and well. Best wishes. John - Silverclaw.

no still cant get on says your page contains too many server redirects???

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

Hi,

Well that is strange and the first that i have heard of it - thanks for letting me know. I will check that out. Meanwhile, have you tried inputting the address silverclaw.eu rather than clicking on the banner or trying another server? Having said that, I have just clicked on our banner and went straight to the site.

Best wishes. John - Silverclaw.