Tricky Sycamore.

skyhuck

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looked a nasty position, dont quite no why youve really over complicated the speedline though all you need is the line to your mog a control line running from the top down and thats it you can tension each piece as needed with your mog

Only I drive the mog, I pre-tentioned the line.

How on earth is it over complicated :confused1::confused1::confused1:

looked a nasty position, dont quite no why youve really over complicated the speedline though all you need is the line to your mog a control line running from the top down and thats it you can tension each piece as needed with your mog

Tell me James how you would calculate the amount of pressure on the rope from using the mog to tension it??

Dave's system work well!!

Good job :)

Do always carry all the pulleys and spare ropes etc? Or was this decided well before going to job? :)

Every thing was taken, I knew we would need to set up a system of some sort.

IME, its vey difficult to know what your going to do, you need to start the job and then decide on the best method, so you need more gear than your going too use, we had a tirfor with us that we never used.

Since Hucks admitted defeat in the cut n chuck world it's time for me to come clean aswell.

I bought a stein bollard last week !!

I have to agree with Adam, using 7-8 ton ish of Mog to tension a rope off a tree growing out a banking wouldn't be advised.

Something will give and it won't be the moggy lol!

LOL. It would have taken you too long to set it up though right?