tree work rained off/milling we go!

delabodge

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi thanks for comments, was happy with walnut, and still loads left to mill as its just too wet in the garden at mo,

the mizer needed some love and attention, shes an 89 model and some things had worn,although it is a new engine, . the belt was tightened, guides tightened,and aligned, and the main drive chain lubed,along with the guide rail!(thanks john).

cut some wide yew yesterday and she didnt like it,rock hard it was, with a little waver,but nothing the wadkin planner wont take out in a couple of yrs.

What was wrong with your lt40 in the end. I like the look of the Lucas I think we may be better off with one like that for our application as we can breakdown the larger stuff and selling our mizer.

I think for what you need steve,it would be perfect, so fast of softwoods,and can be a one man operation,although handy to have some one taking the boards off as you go! it cuts as fast as you can walk!and very economical, like the way you sharpen the teeth easily, just clips onto the battery, trouble is second hand they just dont exsist!. :thumbup1:

I think for what you need steve,it would be perfect, so fast of softwoods,and can be a one man operation,although handy to have some one taking the boards off as you go! it cuts as fast as you can walk!and very economical, like the way you sharpen the teeth easily, just clips onto the battery, trouble is second hand they just dont exsist!. :thumbup1:

Kicking my self as the week after I bought the mizer I was offered a Lucas for less than £2000 but it may have been small and old. Do they do different sizes and would I be best of with a big one. The ideal size boards are 10"x 2" . I spoke to fuelwood a few months ago and they had a used one for 8k :w00t:

they do various size mills, the newest being 1030 - a 10" mill, but this takes a 6.1 mm kerf,compared to the 5.7 on the 810 model, the engine is bigger obviously, and might be ideal for your bigger dimensions. i cut a load of 6x6 in the sequioa and it managed it easy, but with oak i made two passing cuts,doing 3" at a time,to allow the blade to clear the sawdust. you`d need to rig up something to hold the log,especially on smaller timber,as the last few cuts it can roll, or mill off a flat and flip it so its sat on the flat bottom. there a great bit of kit! in three days ive enough to keep me going for yrs!