Sunday Hours.

You got to keep an eye on your health, Matt. Stress will manifest itself in many ways, and will sneak up on you when you least expect it. You have to take some "me-time" and chill out. Just about all the company owners I know have suffered from stress, and its detrimental to your health and your business in the long term.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got to keep an eye on your health, Matt. Stress will manifest itself in many ways, and will sneak up on you when you least expect it. You have to take some "me-time" and chill out. Just about all the company owners I know have suffered from stress, and its detrimental to your health and your business in the long term.

well said mate, see Matt its not just me:001_smile:

I have just been reading this thread with interest. I am with Matt on this one- take any work ant time anywhere. 'When the needs must, the devil drives' as they say, and as many of you know i have about 40 hoofed devils to feed down here:sneaky2:. Dean- welcome to the painkiller club. I live on a diet of painkillers washed down with anti-indigestion drugs to combat the damage the painkillers have done:thumbdown:. Happy days.:001_tongue:

I'm actually having a day off today.... but I'm sitting down writing letters, attending to risk assessments and contract checklists, getting work organised for the boys for next week and doing the invoicing, so.... still working albeit not in the field..

It's interesting that stress has been bought up in this thread..... I suffer with stress quite a bit, and it's true, it will manifest itself in some pretty different ways.... how has everyone coped with the stress of running your own business? We should start a thread about stress at work and ways to deal with it.

I think being self employed is very stressful, you are working all the time.

As you have just pointed out, work isn't just physical and finish at 5pm.

I've been self employed now for 24 years and have had stress manifest in many ways.

Irritable bowel

Dandruff

Rashes

Stiff neck

headaches

the list goes on, I sometimes wonder if it would be easier working for someone and letting them take the strain, it must be lovely to knock off at 5pm on a friday and start at 8am on a monday :001_smile: