Arb truck weights and configuration

Shane

Japanese trucks prove popular due to their payloads and reliability. The smaller trucks are the base of much larger trucks so you get the benefit. Example, I have an isuzu NKR. It would happily carry a couple of ton, but even legally it's a little over 1600 kg payload! It has ali sides and a straight through tool box. Compared to the transit I also drive it's in a different league in terms of carrying loads. Also a 7 ton train weight over the transits 5, and it has an exhaust brake which means less wear on the pads.... 3 litre engine just completes it!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Japanese trucks prove popular due to their payloads and reliability. The smaller trucks are the base of much larger trucks so you get the benefit. Example, I have an isuzu NKR. It would happily carry a couple of ton, but even legally it's a little over 1600 kg payload! It has ali sides and a straight through tool box. Compared to the transit I also drive it's in a different league in terms of carrying loads. Also a 7 ton train weight over the transits 5, and it has an exhaust brake which means less wear on the pads.... 3 litre engine just completes it!

Nkr here as well, ally body with tool box behind cab.

As above.... Down sides: the ride is harder than seasoned oak!

And there is no room in the cab!

Get a bit sweaty with three bods in there :D

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Steve, a bit confused here (slope the load downwards...starting from the back of the tipper up towards the cab) - did the VOSA bloke say the deepest part of the load should be at the back by the tailgate, then slope downwards towards the front?

(I guess it must be if we are trying to reduce the load at the front).

If so can the chipper designers come up with clever reverse-bias form of chute to achieve this.

Thats right Shane. In fact 2 weeks after I got pulled the first time, they pulled me over again(they were looking out for me). I had a evenly loaded level load of Beech cord on the truck...and I mean barely level. They put me on the weighbridge and I was 4% over on the front axles..thankfully they allow you 5%. Anyway I had to move some of the wood to the back of the truck and they let me go

Nkr here as well, ally body with tool box behind cab.

As above.... Down sides: the ride is harder than seasoned oak!

And there is no room in the cab!

Get a bit sweaty with three bods in there :D

The ride is ok with a pile of mulch on the back :) mines a wide cab btw, so you can't reach the passenger to tap them on the shoulder even. So luckily we all fit quite well,,,,

I worry being over wieght it's to tempting to brim my 10x7x4 chip box If the updated springs don't frown your ok ;). Still toying with the 6.5iveco and rather huge chip box

Know that feeling :/! The nkr really doesn't show the weight, and with an 8x6x4 box..... Well you can imagine!

So you reckon the 10x8x5 chip box on my wide-cab NKR may be a little overloaded then :) ... It wouldn't tip last week, even with it's uprated hydraulic ram. That is either the good or bad thing with the Isuzu, it just doesn't seem to show the weight, it just drives away without flinching... When I change it, it will most likely be for the 5 ton model, the npr I think.. That way I can carry ten ton :))