The Mower Bench

GardenKit

Hi All

This is more a pre emptive strike than fixing a fault.

Have a Honda 536 HRH pro in for a service. Iv worked on other Honda mowers in the range but not this particular one and apart from the usual service and maintenance items are there any particular things to look for on this mower.

All seems fine with it and have been told there are no issues while being used..would like to keep it this way and would like to avoid overlooking something due to unfamiliarity with the model.

Thanks

Simon

Hi All

Have a Honda 536 HRH pro in for a service. Iv worked on other Honda mowers in the range but not this particular one and apart from the usual service and maintenance items are there any particular things to look for on this mower.

All seems fine with it and have been told there are no issues while being used..would like to keep it this way and would like to avoid overlooking something due to unfamiliarity with the model.

Thanks

Simon

The big Honda pro don't like small lawns , the drive is very positive on them so don't fanny around on small lawns in and out of drive , hence why I only use mine for big long lawns and carry a belt driven gearbox for postage stamp lawns .

Has for staff using them then they think it will pull them out of bed and get rid of a hangover dragging them along will soon bugger drive up lol.

Has with any mower oil can after wet use .

Ste

Ps I don't advise towing a stuck van in mud out either.

Edited by IVECOKID

The big Honda pro don't like small lawns , the drive is very positive on them so don't fanny around on small lawns in and out of drive , hence why I only use mine for big long lawns and carry a belt driven gearbox for postage stamp lawns .

Has for staff using them then they think it will pull them out of bed and get rid of a hangover dragging them along will soon bugger drive up lol.

Has with any mower oil can after wet use .

Ste

Ps I don't advise towing a stuck van in mud out either.

This one is from a small company who have ..OLDER ..operators so its not abused by the look.They do some large houses so i guess it puts in the miles rather than stop start all the time.

Thanks for your advise :thumbup1:

Hi All

Thanks

Simon

Another thing with the big Honda is to ensure the drive Spring/cable arrangement is properly adjusted as if it's not the dog teeth in the gearbox wear causing gearbox failure

It's the same on the other kaaz clones .

I've got the lawnflite version. Nearly identical just slightly different handles etc

Another thing with the big Honda is to ensure the drive Spring/cable arrangement is properly adjusted as if it's not the dog teeth in the gearbox wear causing gearbox failure

It's the same on the other kaaz clones .

I've got the lawnflite version. Nearly identical just slightly different handles etc

Noted … this is the variable Hydro Version so i guess not the same as 3spd gearbox drive ??

Noted … this is the variable Hydro Version so i guess not the same as 3spd gearbox drive ??

The hydro 4 wheeler is different and it's not going to wear like the roller version.

The roller has only 1 speed really as it has slow revs for warm up the engine and then fast for actually mowing that's what I'm told the 2 setting are for anyway.😬😬

Just making sure there are no leaks in hydro system is the thing to look for.

Maybe change the hydro oil?

The hydro 4 wheeler is different and it's not going to wear like the roller version.

The roller has only 1 speed really as it has slow revs for warm up the engine and then fast for actually mowing that's what I'm told the 2 setting are for anyway.😬😬

Just making sure there are no leaks in hydro system is the thing to look for.

Maybe change the hydro oil?

Its the 4 wheel one and the hydro system all checks out …Groovy ! one less hassle.

Your advice logged away about the roller ones :thumbup1:..right pain to work on when i did a 476 tail end of summer, small hands would have been a help :biggrin:

Its the 4 wheel one and the hydro system all checks out …Groovy ! one less hassle.

Your advice logged away about the roller ones :thumbup1:..right pain to work on when i did a 476 tail end of summer, small hands would have been a help :biggrin:

You should be Ok with that model has long has you don't drive like a Ferrari with paddle gear shift.

Ste