The Mower Bench

GardenKit

If you want your non starting B&Q Mountfield repairing so you can cut your grass on Saturday afternoon dont drop it off at half two on Friday and demand you will collect it lunch time Saturday.

This mower was supposed to be here Monday, he was bringing it himself but his car wouldnt start, its been in the garage for four days being repaired. When i said that its taken 4 days to repair your car, his reply was "yeah but this is only a lawnmower". It most likely only needs a service and fresh fuel. Im going to store his number in the phones and if he ever rings again im not going to answer. Tosser!!!

Haha, I get them all the time Ray.

The favourite quote at the moment is "I thought I would bring it in now before you get busy":big grin:

One guy, a few years ago, got shirty when I said his mower could take up to 3 weeks, and said I would have to make an exception for him.

After a few refusals from me, and a few more demands from him, I shrugged and said simply "OK" The mower was on the floor behind his car.

I said " can you just give me a lift with it?" and looked towards the workshop.

Thinking he had the better of me, he helped me lift it and as soon as it was at waist height I swung it into his open boot and slammed the tailgate down

"bye, bye"

I wonder why he never came back?

I had a hole in my bench just like that which I used in conjunction with a long threaded bar and a plate to clamp down MF dual clutches in the 80's.

More recently I have used it to clamp down mower blades for grinding.

I reckon you use it to clamp down pumps.

Nah. I use this hole for something else.:001_rolleyes:

Drainage hole for all the fuel and oil that goes all over the place. :lol:

I had a hole like that. But I'm not telling you what I done with it. Lmao.

And yay no mowers. Done them all and they are all gone..... I love seeing the last one leave. Hate seeing the new ones arrive.

But for now it's my disco in over the pit. Was happily driving alone when I heard a clang. Looked in the mirror and saw the first part after the down pipe go skidding across the road. So for now it sound like a chieftain tank until Tommorow when I pick up the new bit. Was going to weld it up but can get a bit for £20 so what's the point.