Some clients! Grrrrrr!

pence162no

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mate that sounds like a real corker of a job, you need to be a lot less subtle in the hints that you drop around about break times!!!!!!!!

Take a leaf out of my book!!!!

You certainly are the master of coffee related hints. I just can't pull it off like you do. :bowdown:

I tried the 'Tits like coconuts' one the other day. She set it up perfectly by saying how she had lots of Tits in her garden. I pounced instantly... the old dear just looked at me, then turned to Chas and said "What's he on about, Tits like coconuts?"

I was laughing inside so hard I almost spat my breakfast out! :crazy:

Talk about busted. She knew exactly what was going on!

With the extras, I always tell the client I will get the job I have price for done first, then if at the end of the job I can fit it in I will, if not I'll have to book it in another day and come back.

Or I say I have another job to do after that one and I will be pushed to fit it in, so will have to quote for the extras and book it in.

Or if they are brill customers and bring biccies and tea, I will bend over backwards do any extras within reason.

Is it me or are tea and biscuits seriously over-rated here? Are you telling me, you'd compromise income and home time and self esteem / respect because boring refreshments are so er, revered?!!!

You haven't lived !

Last week we had buscuits with the first cuppa, currant toast with the second cuppa and then choccy buiscuits with the third.

...and she didn't ask for extras...

But the only downside is that's why I need to lose a stone

Currant toast - yes that would be quite distracting I admit! It doesn't bother me about the clients refreshment provision; I'm probably bitter and twisted! In fact, I tend to refuse offers of such which can be rude but I'm trying to depart from the tradition of tradesmen being known as tea and biscuit addicts. I think I'm the only tree worker still wearing a shirt and tie and bowler hat:sneaky2: Yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir!

TCD, i can just see the photos of you and your employees being very similar to the victorian estate workers photos you see in country pubs , the ones where you can tell how senior the bloke is by what he's wearing: the land agent in his tweed breeks and stockings and tweed jacket and a derby, the head gardener in his best suit and a bowler with watchchain across the front of his waistcoat right down to the bothy boy in his collarless shirt and waistcoat and clogs. I can also see you tugging your forelock to the customer when they come to check on the work.:001_smile:

Or I say I have another job to do after that one and I will be pushed to fit it in,

yeah thats the one dean,thats what i always say,

or they what the 3" sticks when your sticking it all through a 12" chipper:mad1: