Calories ????

PC tree

So how do you calculate how many cals are in the food you eat?

With the app, if it has a barcode you scan it and it retrieves the info from an online database. With homemade stuff chances are someone will have added it or something similar already, the hardest part is calculating the portion size.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm grown to be abit anal about weighing food and tracking it using MyFitnessPal. I even weigh ketchup :lol:

I'm getting around 2700 and that's me losing slightly.

Sort yourself out....weighing ketchup? MyFitnessPal?, you are probably losing weight through stress and worry. Definitely not good for you. Relax and smell the roses.....sorry trees!

Ps.....would have added amusing smilies but don't know how on my iPad.

Sort yourself out....weighing ketchup? MyFitnessPal?, you are probably losing weight through stress and worry. Definitely not good for you. Relax and smell the roses.....sorry trees!

Ps.....would have added amusing smilies but don't know how on my iPad.

Lol I don't stress. I just watch my intake and value my health, there's nothing wrong with that. It cuts out all the bull from guessing. And you don't lose or gain weight caused directly by stress. Over/under eating is a result of some not able to deal with said stress. Just like smoking

My missus has been using it for the opposite reason, i.e. to regain weight. She has a demanding job and we have two small children, and she just never got around to eating proper food during the day. Now she can see at a glance what she has or hasn't eaten and compensate accordingly. It appeals to the geeky natured, and it really is illuminating.Whatever you think you eat in terms of overall calories, and how that is split between protein, fat, and carbs, I can guarantee a weeks food diary will show you different.

A good friend who is a personal trainer/sports coach/diet boffin reckoned I should be getting 5000 calories a day to maintain healthiness. Protein is the major thing my diet was lacking in though, especially in the morning.

Seems to work pretty well for me, I'm a little under 6ft and 70kg.

Edited by Mr. Squirrel