Hydraulic problem MF3090

Hodge

I have a log splitter on my tractor and when I use it it knocks off the hydraulic supply so I have to engage it again?? Any ideas? It's only started since I put a new operating lever on the splitter, the valve thing?? Thanks.

It sounds like the valve on the splitter is going "closed centre" and the tractor is kicking out on the overload

The valve on the splitter would normally be open centre meaning that when in the centre position the oil would normally flow uninhibited back to the tank If the spool isn't centring properly it can go closed centre and this would cause the problem you describe.

If the problem is occurring while you operate the lever then the spool is going too far and causing the problem.

or perhaps the relief valve on the splitter was blowing off before the tractor one, now with a new valve the tractor relief is going which will drop the valve back to centre.

Solution, bungy cord round the lever to keep it in position.

Why did you change the valve ?

I have a log splitter on my tractor and when I use it it knocks off the hydraulic supply so I have to engage it again?? Any ideas? It's only started since I put a new operating lever on the splitter, the valve thing?? Thanks.

When you say lever did you put a new lever on the valve or have you changed the valve?

If you have changed the valve disregard the previous post

When you say lever did you put a new lever on the valve or have you changed the valve?

If you have changed the valve disregard the previous post

I changed the whole unit, valve and lever, I broke the old valve block and lever.

Just to muddy things further, on some tractors there is a detent adjuster, usually a screw knob on top of the valve block. You might find fiddling with this sorts it.

As mentioned, baler twine is the easiest way! Just make sure she's not loading up- if the engine revs drop when the spitter isn't being used, then as mentioned the valve is faulty.

Just to muddy things further, on some tractors there is a detent adjuster, usually a screw knob on top of the valve block. You might find fiddling with this sorts it.

As mentioned, baler twine is the easiest way! Just make sure she's not loading up- if the engine revs drop when the spitter isn't being used, then as mentioned the valve is faulty.

Ahh, I know the adjuster you mean, I will check it out. Thanks for all the replys guys.