A list Health and Safety OFFICER "accidents"

difflock

Thinking of starting a thread listing all H&S Officer related accidents.

i.e.

(i) The H&S Officer in Gib who did not apply his parking brake, and whose car then freewheeled into the Harbour.

(ii) The Derry Council H&S Officer who sliced open his face with a chainsaw.

There must be more.

(iii) And a local inflated-ego IAM driver, just recently, who failed to apply his parking brake when abandoning his car in a sloping car park. A wile pity a kerb stopped his vehicle from running out onto the highway.

tee-hee.

Anyone got any useful contacts from within the Insurance industry for more dirt:001_tt2:

I couldn't find anything about the Gibraltar incident from a quick Google search. Do you have any more details?

The Derry accident was presumably Anthony Tohill? His job is described as "Building Control Officer", is that the same as H&S officer?

John K

Gib incident was on the current TV series about GIB.

I was toult about the Derry H&S man's , by a source I thought I could trust.

The BC officer may well wear 2 hats, but I would have thought a large Council like Derry would have had a full time dedicated H&S officer.

Of course perhaps he has been displaced sideways (i.e. H&S to BC Officer).after his mishap

PS

I will "up-front" volunteer that I was the keen young RE Officer Cadet, wot unintentionally demolished his shiney new Chinon Camera and humengeous telephoto Tamron lens.

On the demolotion range.

With a well placed charge of Plastic Expolsive.:blushing:

Edited by difflock

Not an hse officer, but whilst I was in Oxford for a farming conference I attended a speech by a consultant who's main theme was "future-proofing for climate change and severe weather events" who told us he was a little late as he had trouble locating the shallowest bit of the park and ride carpark.

The water rose another 14" during that day....

Slight derail.

Whilst taking the battalion cross country ski team on the patrol race (skiing cross country with large rucksac and shooting ranges), I got really really****d off with blokes falling over and taking ages to sort themselves out (all of us had only been skiing for 3 weeks). So I proclaimed that I would drop on the next man who fell over and 'break their face'. Only to turn around and fall straight into a stream:o. After a few nervous moments from the blokes, there was lots of laughing and mickey taking. We decided to have a laugh rather than race from then on!